We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Visit in Koh Samui

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Short Visit in Koh Samui

I need a few bits of information about what to do on a one-day stop (8:00 am-5:00 pm) in Koh Samui, on a cruise stop in February.

Sightseeing tour -- Spa visit -- Cooking Class -- Elephant Trekking

What would you do in the amount of time we have?

1. Is this a good place to go to a spa, instead of a sightseeing tour? I've looked at several spa menus (Absolute Sanctuary, Eranda Herbal) on line, but I'm not sure how far from the cruise terminal any of them are located. Is this a good activity for a short stay and will I have any problem getting to and from the spa? Is there a different spa you recommend?

2. Cooking Class --- SITCA or other?

3. Elephant Trekking--yes or no? I've read disparaging comments, but maybe it would be fun?

Thanks a bunch,

nfkura, boston, ma

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Visit in Koh Samui

Hi

I don't think you will have enough time for everything. If you want day spa I highly recommend www.erandaspa.com

They do pick up and drop off but in your case I'm not sure if they would pick you up from cruise terminal in Nathon but they might be able to drop you off.

Cooking class would take at least a few hours. I would sugget do day spa in the morning and Jen have a look around the island instead. Maybe visit the temple big Buddha, beaches markets etc.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
992 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short Visit in Koh Samui

Animal welfare is not a priority on Samui. Please research very carefully before deciding to do an elephant trek here.

Sweetpea is right - do a day spa and some looking around. I personally am a fan of Wat Pai Laem which is not too far from the Big Buddha.

ETA: I am no expert in getting around from Nathon - but I would also consider Tamarind Springs Day Sa (with steam rooms built into caves).

Edited: 10:00 pm, November 11, 2013
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short Visit in Koh Samui

Thanks... i really was looking for an either or! But i like your suggestions,

nk

4. Re: Short Visit in Koh Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 13, 2014