We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Muang Samui vs Sala Samui

australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Muang Samui vs Sala Samui

Hi, I've been reading about Sala Samui and Muang Samui Villas and Suites. Are they both on Cheong Mon beach? Also can anyone tell me how these two hotels compare? Thanks all.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Muang Samui vs Sala Samui

Hi

Can't help with the hotel.

yes both are on Cheongmon beach 5 mins or less from each other.

Sala is luxury hotel chains. The have the property all over Thailand.

Cheers,

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
359 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Muang Samui vs Sala Samui

Hi there,

Both resorts are on Cheong Mon beach and as the lovely Sweetpea said, are only a couple of minute walk from each other. We have stayed at the Imperial Boathouse a few times, which is right next door to Muang Samui. Our last stay in June this year, we walked through both resorts and to be honest, Sala is a mile ahead.

Muang is nice enough but seems a bit of a concrete jungle, not as pretty and the pool area didn't strike me as all that good. Sala has individual villas, a beautiful pool and everyone there seemed to be enjoying themselves around the pool. I imagine that Sala would be a bit more costly but if that isn't an issue for you then I would recommend it, by a mile.

Maybe have a look at the Boathouse too, nowhere near as fancy but we have really enjoyed each stay (4 times now). Hope that helps you.

Edited: 3:10 am, November 11, 2013
australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Muang Samui vs Sala Samui

Thank you, that's fabulous 🌻

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
163 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Muang Samui vs Sala Samui

hi maust, friend and i stayed at sala in April and loved it. very comfy beds, fab breakfast, and lovely beach and pool. We stayed in a balcony room. the room wasn't huge but large outdoor balcony with huge out door seating, and large bathroom. The staff are all wonderful and the beach boys will spoil you. take a walk on the beach at night for dinner or drinks and enjoy the peaceful beauty. I'm sure you would love it too. We got an early bird deal and saved a lot of money. Have a wonderful holiday

5. Re: Muang Samui vs Sala Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 15, 2014