We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in koh samui

Essex
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
weather in koh samui

hi all

am gong to koh samui on 15 July this year. just wondered what the weather is like now and what its usually like in mid july - can't seem to find decent weather forecast site !!!!

thanks in advance

LB

Keerbergen, Belgium
Level Contributor
239 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in koh samui

I know what you are talking about! I am going to Samui 25th of July... Everybody on this site assured me that the weather will be completely fine.

Look at these links and read :

1) tripadvisor.com/…4146810

2) tripadvisor.com/…4112562

Everybody says to ignore every weather forecast... so... that is what I am doing :-) :-) :-)

Hope this helps...

Keerbergen, Belgium
Level Contributor
239 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in koh samui

Hello again! I saw you are going on your honeymoon! NICE!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

NLR
London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
385 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in koh samui

The weather is mixed. I have been in Samui twice in July, and am going for 5 days en route to Japan in two weeks. It rains average 2 days out of 5 in my experience - a lot less than the other coast. But the rain is monsoonal and can be heavy

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in koh samui

The weather in July is safe -lots of sunshine, and I have been there 14 of the last 15 years. Japan now in July.............. very unpredictable, buit that's for another forum.

liverpool
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in koh samui

Hi all

came back yesterday and the weather was glorious, any rain was late afternoon about 430 5pm and cleared in time for dinner.

i looked at the forcast everyday and they all looked awful could not understand why as it did not match the sun worship we were doing?

just go and do not worry and have a great time

Essex
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in koh samui

Thanks to everyone who has replied. have managed to find weather forecast websites and the weather looks awful for the next ten days - thunderstorms and rain. but feel better now i've read your comments - hopefully forecasts are completely wrong!!!

Am getting married on 15th and will be in koh samui on 19th july. anyone out there now or going around that time?

LunchBucket

Keerbergen, Belgium
Level Contributor
239 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in koh samui

Hello LB

Yes, I am going there from the 25th of July to the 4th of August!

I am also very relieved about the weather! Was worried sick that it was going to be rainy all the time!

BUT... no worries... everything will be just fine I guess...

8. Re: weather in koh samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 15, 2009