We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samui Pier Hotel and Full Moon Party

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Samui Pier Hotel and Full Moon Party

Hi, I'm seeking some advice. My family and I are travelling to Thailand for the first time and were recommended to stay at the Samui Pier Hotel. It looks lovely, however their website warns that it can be noisy during the Full Moon Parties. My travel dates fall in the timeframe of the May 2014 Full Moon Party.

Has anyone been in this area during a Full Moon Party? I just wanted to get a sense of how bad it may be.. I was in Bali last year during Australian Schoolies celebrations (think Spring Break for overseas people) and they made our trip unbearable. They were drinking in the kiddie pool all day, then would return from the bars after closing time and run around screaming and jumping in and out of the pools till early morning. Im not trying to be a buzz kill but I have a toddler and its not my type of dream holiday so if I am forewarned I can change my arrangements.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Samui Pier Hotel and Full Moon Party

Hi

I'm not familiar with the hotel however the area of the Samui pier hotel is no where near full moon party. The full moon party is not on koh Samui. The party is held in koh phangan next island which is about 20-30 mins away by boat from koh Samui. That being said the Samui pier hotel is next / close to the pier to koh phangan. On the day or night of the party There will boats after boats coming and going all night. Maybe that's what the hotel referred to?

If that worry you then perhaps change the hotel to other beach the like of Maenam, cheongmon or south chawrng beach instead.

Cheers,

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,898 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Samui Pier Hotel and Full Moon Party

It might be noisy during the evening of the FMP and then early the next morning with speedboats going back and forth taking and returning people, so it would be one night and one morning of disturbance, if that's a problem (for me it probably would be), then find something further from the pier - which looks very, very close.

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Samui Pier Hotel and Full Moon Party

Thanks both of you for your advice - do you have any suggestions for hotels?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,898 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Samui Pier Hotel and Full Moon Party

Pea is the expert on hotels, sure she can recommend something - have a look at Choeng Mon Beach, maybe Samui Honey Cottages, the beach there is great for toddlers.

Edited: 11:05 pm, October 02, 2013
perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Samui Pier Hotel and Full Moon Party

I am second with Cass Samui honey cottage in Cheonmon beach should be similar price to Samui pier hotel also in cheong in beach The White House.

Smile house in bophut beach

Chaweng cove resotel in south chaweng beach and Baan Talay beach resort.

Harry's bungalow

Paradise beach resort

These are in Maenam beach.

You said family so assumed children? If yes then south chaweng and cheongmon the beach are better for children as is not too deep as opposed to Meanam beach.

Have a look at those hotels mentions and take it from there.

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Samui Pier Hotel and Full Moon Party

My son will be 3 when we go..

Thank you so much, greatly appreciated from "Virgin" traveller.

7. Re: Samui Pier Hotel and Full Moon Party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 05, 2014