We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ko Samui Thunderstorms

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Ko Samui Thunderstorms

Just how scattered are 'Scattered Thunderstorms'? is it still going to be a beach holiday?

Newcastle N S W
Level Contributor
920 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ko Samui Thunderstorms

Depends when you are going,anywhere between now & September should be ok.Normally in this period you will get one thunderstorm a day usually late afternoon.There might be days when you will get a shower not as heavy as a thunderstorm but more than enough sun.

We are talking weather here in a tropical climate so who really knows??but if your going in the above mentioned period I would suggest that you won`t get enough rain to spoil your beach holiday.

If your going between October to December then you can pretty much forget anyhing to do with the beach especially in November.

Jamie

Keerbergen, Belgium
Level Contributor
239 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ko Samui Thunderstorms

Yes, I am really worried too! Everybody on this site says it is "really " ok, but even then... I don't feel absolutely sure...

The weatherreports become worser every day.... HELP!!!

UK
Level Contributor
943 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ko Samui Thunderstorms

Don't check them - I have never found the weather reports for Samui to be accurate. If you are booked to go - it is only tormenting yourself unnecessarily.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
299 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ko Samui Thunderstorms

Bella-Butterfly ia absolutely right!

I went last August and the weather forecast was dismal... got only 2 X 1/2 hours of rain in 8 days!

Just go, have fun and don't worry about the weather.

You'll love Samui in any weather!

Philip

Keerbergen, Belgium
Level Contributor
239 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ko Samui Thunderstorms

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ko Samui Thunderstorms

My two bahts worth..why not. All the advice is good....ignore the forecasts for samui with those threatening thunderclouds. Samui is the place to be weatherwise at the moment, and generally between June-August.seems to escape the awful weather the rest of Thailand goes through, this year is particularly bad so far!!

Midhurst, West...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ko Samui Thunderstorms

I'm going in August too ,for my honeymoon ,so want the weather and everything to be perfect ;however I'm pretty sure, even if it rains here and there that it'll be good fun.

8. Re: Ko Samui Thunderstorms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, August 13, 2009