We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront/view villa or bungalow - Chaweng 12000THB or less

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Beachfront/view villa or bungalow - Chaweng 12000THB or less

Help! I've been looking through all of the reveiws, websites and tons of information on the hotels and resorts around Koh Samui and I can't find the place I'm looking for. All of the beachfront accomodations are over 12,000 THB in the luxury places. We don't really want to be in a hotel with rooms below, above or on either side of us and don't really need luxury, but want a nice villa or bungalow on the beach for a 2 night stay at the end of our Honeymoon. The places I've looked at I like have a private pool but no beach rooms in our price range. We just want a place where when I wake up in the morning there is a view of the ocean and/or beach, a swimable beach preferred, with good food and close to Chaweng or somewhere with some good restaurants and pubs to choose from. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachfront/view villa or bungalow - Chaweng 12000THB or less

Depending on the time of the year you visit will affect the price.

Baan talay in Sth Chaweng has some nice beachfront bungalows at way below 12000THB.

have you looked at Samui Paradise in South Chaweng.

I am a little confused by your post.

Do you mean 12000 for 2 nights or per night?

It is a bit confusing as you say you don't really need luxury but have been looking at luxury places???

Also do you need a private pool or have you just been looking at places with private pools as you don't mention in your closing sentence that is what you require.

South Chaweng has a fantastic beach and is close to pubs and restaurants etc

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachfront/view villa or bungalow - Chaweng 12000THB or less

Sorry for the confusion, overwhelmed with the choices on Koh Samui, there's almost too many to chose from! We will be staying 2-3 nights in February 2014, don't need luxury, but would prefer it, no need for a private pool just a private bungalow/villa (although if we find a villa with a private pool we would definitely like it). And all for 12000 a night or less :-) On the beach with a beach view! I'll look at your suggestions, don't think I looked at Baan Talay. Thank you!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachfront/view villa or bungalow - Chaweng 12000THB or less

Hi

At the very end of chaweng noi beach there's Saraan villas. Also have a look at Samui resotel their Ocean pool villas should fit in with your budget.

Cheers,

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachfront/view villa or bungalow - Chaweng 12000THB or less

I looked in to Baan Talay and they have a bit of not so good reviews as of recently. I really want to stay somewhere thay people have been happy with. Samui Paradise is looking more like what we would lean towards.

How about the Bophut area? Anything nice and on the beach around there? I seem to get mixed reveiws that there is not any good beaches in that area.

I'm being kind of picky as this is our final days of our honeymoon and want it to be just the right place :-)

New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beachfront/view villa or bungalow - Chaweng 12000THB or less

We have stayed at Paradise and loved it, perfect spot for a honeymoon. It is at the very south of Chaweng Beach but still easy to get to pubs and restaurants.

The reviews on Baan Talay are mostly from people staying in the basic rooms. But Baan Talay beachfront rooms do not have a private pool but is reflected in the price.

Good option at Samui Resotel but unsure if Chaweng Noi would be too isolated for you with wanting to be near more pubs and restaurants. But a beautiful beach!!

I like Bophut but never stayed there, it has a more upmarket touch to it. The beach is still nice but the sand is more course. But glowing and nice compared to what we have.

2 nights is a very short stay in Samui so understand it must be overwhelming!

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beachfront/view villa or bungalow - Chaweng 12000THB or less

hi guys

for private villas[not hotels and resorts] you could try

www.airbnb.com

www.ownersdirect.co.uk

www.holidaylettings.co.uk

www.roomarama.com

as well as vacation rentals on this site

many villas avaliable in your criteria

cheers

Dean cleeton

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beachfront/view villa or bungalow - Chaweng 12000THB or less

Thanks everyone! I booked with Samui Paradise, seems just about right for us :-)

8. Re: Beachfront/view villa or bungalow - Chaweng 12000THB or less

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, September 12, 2014