We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Company Recommendations

Central New Jersey
Level Contributor
352 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Company Recommendations

I will have two full days in Koh Samui. My friend and I are looking to do a one day kayaking tour at Angthong National Park and a full day tour of the island on the other free day that hopefully covers a little jungle trekking, the famous buddha's and wats, waterfalls, view points, etc.

Can anyone recommend some reputable tour companies to book through. A travel guide recommended Mr. Ung's Magical Safari, but after reading some of the reviews I wasn't convinced they were the way to go.

I found some tours on kosamui.com, for instance kosamui.com/kayaking/angthong-explorer. Has anyone booked through this website? I tried finding reviews for it on Trip Advisor but didn't have much luck.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,970 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Company Recommendations

Hi

Sweetie, there is no jungle trekking in Samui!

You may struggle to do justice of what you want to see and you will only cover the highlights in one day [let alone the non-existent jungle trekking] , but the easiest way would be to hire a taxi or hire your own car [which is what we prefer to do]. Sometimes your hotel will organise a trip for you. Mr Samui --> tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g293918-… is very popular and has good feedback from TA users.

You could look at tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g1179396… for the kayaking!

Central New Jersey
Level Contributor
352 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Company Recommendations

Thanks for the links! Hmm I have seen "jungle trekking" advertised for Samui, perhaps this is a glorified term for elephant ride and casual stroll to a waterfall.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,970 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Company Recommendations

Yes, it is!! Or perhaps a trip to the look out! Not what I would call jungle trekking! Please, please, please don't do the elephants abuse!

I walked up to the top of the waterfalls in my bare feet, played in the waterfalls, we then had a meal at the base of them, and watched the tiger and elephant abuse by the tourists. A 2 hour trip!

My honour was that I was with my 2 lady boy daughters, they are in much need to help and support!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
980 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Company Recommendations

Hi Stephanie99

Great to hear you are all booked!

For a kayaking snorkel type trip check out 100 degrees east. I have just finally got around to doing my review.

Caz will be able to help you or if it is not what you are looking for I am sure she will point you in the right direction.

For a day trip exploring the island hiring a car is great but you do only have two days so I would suggest contacting someone like Samui Island Explorer or Mr Samui. We used Samui Island Explorer for airport pick ups and their service was 100% and very cheap but have never used them for around the island.

As TM says there is not really trekking but you are only going to have 1 day on the island after doing a trip away so I think you will find enough to do on a day trip with one of the above places. Mr Ung is popular and I know people that have done it and loved it but doing a private tour will be more flexible and personalised with you time available.

I did just see this link on the Samui forum but have not heard about them before

https://www.facebook.com/samuihiking

All the best for a great trip to Samui.

5. Re: Tour Company Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:06 am, August 19, 2013
6. Re: Tour Company Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 21, 2014