We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand weather

Cape Town Central...
1 post
Save Topic
Thailand weather

Hi there... So there is so much information on the Internet that differs with regards to thailands weather. I realize it is unpredictable, but would like to know if June is a good month to visit koh samui? I want to be able to enjoy the beaches, sunshine and lots of water activities. I would like to go diving and be able to enjoy a good beach holiday under the sun. I have not yet decided whether I am going to phuket or koh samui.... The months I am likely to be able to travel are between June and December next year so would like to find the best month, and place that will give me hot sunny days and as little rain as possible :)

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thailand weather

Hi

Basically koh samui and Phuket have quite contrast weather in the month of May - December.

May /June - October is rainy season in the west coast ( Phuket sides)

October - December / Jan rainy season in east coast ( koh Samui side)

The rest of the year are pretty much the same both sides.

That said with weather nowadays can be all over the place. Also keep in mind Thailand is tropical you might still have odd shower there and here even in dry season. keep in mind when its rains often the sea will be rough too.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thailand weather

June has great weather!!! Warm and sunny with the occasional shower, usually in the evening. It's also low season so the perfect time to travel IMO.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thailand weather

June should be good weather in Samui, probably sunny during the day with a quick thunderstorm in the evening.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thailand weather

We have been going to Samui for years in June and usually get great weather with the odd evening shower.

Perfect time to travel for us to enjoy great weather (beaches and snorkelling) and as Steph says it is low season so some good deals to get.

You have stated you can go between June and December. If you are looking at Samui then try for June - Sept.

5. Re: Thailand weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 09, 2014