We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Koh Samui

Sydney, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Koh Samui

Hello I'm looking for recommendations of an area to stay in Koh Samui and then also some hotels / resorts.

We are going in September for eight nights.

This will be our second trip to Koh Samui - the first time we went at the same time of year about 2 years ago and stayed at Bhundari spa resorts and villas (which was close to the airport at the Northern end of Chaweng??).

We are in our early 40's and we liked this area very much, close enough to Chaweng to get there by scooter but not in the crazy hectic part. (We didn't like the look of the crowded beaches at Chaweng during the day) .The hotel was lovely too, quiet but with good service and pools etc. Food and drinks etc were v.reasonably priced.

We didn't really get to explore the island last time as much as we would have liked to and we were thinking of trying a different hotel (but with the same vibe) and the same kind of distance from shops. bars,nightlife. Any suggestions - we would probably look at spending around 45,000 baht for the eight day stay.

I have been looking around at websites but I dont really know many of the other areas and as we had such a nice stay last time I want to make sure this time is just as good or even better!

Samui Explorer
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours, Photography Tours
perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Koh Samui

Hi there

Just a bit of back ground

North chawrng ( Bhundari situated) the beach are not the best very shallow and lagoon like.

Chaweng central very busy hustle and bustle everything in your door step.

South chaweng beach away from hustle and bustle with walking distance to shops and bars restaurants. The beach are beautiful. 25 mins to the main central of chaweng beach.

Chawrng noi beach, beautiful very quiet with just only 6 resorts with minimal bars and restaurants but only short taxi rides to south chaweng and Lamai beach.

Cheonmon beach, beautiful quiet with plenty of places to eat and drinks both on beach and on the main road with just short taxi rides to chaweng and bophut beach. If you can visualize from Bhundari facing the ocean on your left is cheongmon and bophut beach on your right is chawrng central, south and then chaweng noi then Lamai beach.

On Friday must go to bohut ( fisherman village ) for walking street, where you will find plenty of street food and drinks to sample.

I think either cheongmon or chaweng noi beach ( we loved it here) will suits you.

White House

Samui honey cottage

Sala Samui

Imperial boat house

These are in cheering on beach

Imperail beach resort

The fair house

Impiana

New star villas

These are in chaweng noi beach

Good luck

Italy
Level Contributor
39,508 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Koh Samui

I think you would like South Chaweng as the beach is wonderful and it's still within walking distance to Central Chaweng.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,159 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Koh Samui

South Chaweng [and Chaweng Noi], Cheong Mon and Bophut would be places you can check out. I agree with Pea that Cheong Mon or Chaweng Noi beaches would be a great place to start your searches.

I am at least a decade older than you, and love southern end of Chaweng. Find Maenam a bit too quiet.

4. Re: Where to stay in Koh Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, June 26, 2014