We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

koh samui to KL

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
koh samui to KL

hi guys please we are 5 girls travling thailand in july we need to get from koh samui to KL in 1 day we could get a plane from Krabi to KL BUT how is our best way to get from Koh Samui to krabi???

please can anyone help

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: koh samui to KL

Hi

You can fly direct with Bangkok airways and firefly from koh Samui to KL. is it the flight from krabi to KL is it by air Asia ?

From koh Samui to krabi by Bangkok airways ( only one fly this route). But by doing this route is going to cost you more than fly direct from koh Samui to KL.

cheers,

Edited: 12:54 am, June 08, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Asia
Asia
World
Level Contributor
493 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: koh samui to KL

Have you checked flying from Surat Thani, its nearer. If you have the time, 5 of you can save alot by bus to Hatyai and then direc bus to KL or minivan to Penang and bus to KL.

I planned to do that in july too.

Edited: 2:15 am, June 08, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Surat Thani
Surat Thani
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Penang
Penang
Malaysia
Level Contributor
493 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: koh samui to KL

Have you checked flying from Surat Thani, its nearer. If you have the time, 5 of you can save alot by bus to Hatyai and then direc bus to KL or minivan to Penang and bus to KL.

I planned to do that in july too.

Edited: 2:15 am, June 08, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Surat Thani
Surat Thani
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Penang
Penang
Malaysia
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: koh samui to KL

i though about that but wot if the weather is rough and ferry not going across then we stuck :(

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: koh samui to KL

think flying from koh samui the best even if cost a little more and have the peace of mind :) thank you

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
124 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: koh samui to KL

Hi, don't worry for the Ferry even the heavy rain it still can go to the main land Surattani . Since i staying in Samui quite long time there was just 1 time in last 3 years that Ferry can't operation due to the weather and it was a really really bad heavy rain and strom. And if you go Krabi from Samui im sure that you have to take the boat or ferry as well to get out from the island.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: koh samui to KL

Hi Tracey

If budget is not a problem than definitely flying from KL will be the best option.

Cheers

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: koh samui to KL

@ post #6 From koh Samui to krabi by Bangkok airways ( only one fly this route). But by doing this route is going to cost you more than fly direct from koh Samui to KL.

So you don't need to go via bus +ferry + bus if you don't want to.

To the OP fly direct from koh Samui to KL might be more expensive but you will save a lot of time and hassle of getting on bus + ferry especially if time is not on your side.

Good luck

Edited: 10:57 pm, June 08, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Melbourne
Level Contributor
232 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: koh samui to KL

Firefly is the way to go. They may have promotions. We're flying with them next week from KL to Koh Samui.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: koh samui to KL

Hi,

We had to get from Koh Samui to KL in June 2012 and after lots of research the decision was Firefly Airlines www.fireflyz.com.my they worked out to be the cheapest, plane clean and comfortable for short flight, on time and friendly service along with a drink n muffin! We paid $100 or so each and had an afternoon flight around 3pm... Though they fly into Subang Airport (airport code SZB) which may not be convenient if you need to transfer to another flight at a different terminal.... anyway check out their website... ferry then bus to surat thani airport is a long day especially if you are worried about connecting flights etc...

Hehehe now my turn to start researching my November trip - we were stoked to get return airfares Gold Coast to KL at $608.00 for both of us, before meals luggage etc, and the $32 booking fee... though really, say another $100 for seats, luggage, meals still very cheap airfare and flew with them last year with no problems on a number of different air asia flights.....

Mentioned in this post
Gold Coast
Gold Coast
Queensland, Australia