We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendation

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant recommendation

Hi all! First day in Koh Samui and we are already in love! Beautiful place and wonderful weather!

We are on honeymoon and would like to splurge on 1 possibly 2 meals out. (budget of £100 for both of us Inc drinks)

We don't mind where we go location wise as we are planning to hire a jeep for a couple of days!

We have looked at both tree tops and dining on the rocks but they are a little out of our price range (we would like to be able to eat for the rest of the holiday haha!)

We would like to have a good view while we eat so either beachside or hillside would be better.

Thanks guys!

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recommendation

hi guys

try Ocean 11 in bangrak

little gem , small and intimate on the beach , difficult to find , may need reservations

not over the top with prices unless you drink bottles of wine [which are costly anywhere on samui]

its down a hidden driveway[with parking ] just past 100 degrees east dive center which is easily found

PM me if you more info

cheers

Dean cleeton

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recommendation

Hi

For stunning sunset views and cocktails go to " Air Bar" at intercontinental Baan Taling gnam ( I know you ask for dinners) they have dinner but we didn't check the price.

The cliff restaurant beautiful views of the bay half way between Chaweng and Lamai beach.

Five island restaurant for stunning sunset views

Enjoy

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant recommendation

We LOVED Dinning under the stars at Hansar, they had a great set menu and its on the beach! Beautiful setting - we were also booked into dining on the ricks but had to cancel due to sickness :(

Regards

Sam

http://www.travellingking.com

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,762 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant recommendation

We had south and stop at the tiny little restaurants Bang Kao area.

Spirit House in Chawang is very popular! We also like Spargos (upstairs) for nice food watching the goings on in the busy centre!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant recommendation

We loved the H bistro at the Hansar.. Amazing food and worth the price. Not sure of the exchange rate but we paid around $200 aud including drinks for three courses for two people. I had lobster so that was the highest priced item on the menu.

Edited: 3:24 am, May 02, 2013
Mansfield
Level Contributor
589 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant recommendation

I'm with Pea, for a spectacular sunset beach setting go to Five Islands restaurant on Taling Ngam

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant recommendation

Thanks everyone, I think we are gonna go for 5 island as it looks perfect!

:)

8. Re: Restaurant recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 04, 2014