We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raja Ferry Transfer Timing

Singapore
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Raja Ferry Transfer Timing

I looked through the forum post but i have a question which i couldnt locate the answer:

If i purchase a ferry combo ticket using raja ferry, for the return journey from Lipa Noi Pier to Surat Thani AIrport, i understand that the bus will stop at Surat Thani Town. Hence, anyone knows how long will the stop-over be? Any possibility of the bus going direct to Surat Thani Airport instead of stopping over at surat thani town?

I will be checking out from Sala Samui resort & what will be the recommended time i should

i) Leave from my hotel to head to Lipa Noi Pier OR

ii) Which ferry timing should i catch at Lipa Noi Pier

IF i need to reach surat thani airport at 2.30pm (Latest)

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Raja Ferry Transfer Timing

Hi

I'm it sure how long the bus stop at Surat Thani.

If you are using Raja ferry then from your hotel you need to go to Lipa noi pier. This is the home for raja ferry and where they are embark and disembark.

Raja ferry depart from Lipa noi hourly from 05.00 - 18.00. You will need 1 1/2 hours for the ferry to reach Donsak pier and 1 1/2 hours for bus from the pier to airport. So you can calculates on that.

Cheers,

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,110 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Raja Ferry Transfer Timing

Just leave yourself extra time and get an earlier ferry than is necessary to allow for any delays (which do happen).

Singapore
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Raja Ferry Transfer Timing

Hi all, thanks for your reply..

I have checked with raja ferry and they mentioned that they DO NOT have a ferry combo ticket from lipa noi to surat Thani airport. I will need to arrange my transport to Surat Thani airport from don saek pier on my own.

Anyone knows if seatran offers the combo package to Surat Thani airport from nation pier?

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
2,928 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Raja Ferry Transfer Timing

Lomprayah definitely offer a through ticket from Samui to Surat Thani airport. At Donsak pier, there are separate buses for Surat Thani town, airport and train station. This may involve a bus change in Surat Thani town though.

Not sure if Seatran offer the same, but we did get a Seatran ferry with a bus to Surat Thani town included last year (because we were staying overnight in Surat Thani). Where the bus drops you in Surat Thani town is right next to where the buses to the airport depart from. Phantip Travel control the majority of transport to and from the airport from town and they organise the airport shuttle, you can find the timetable here - http://www.phantiptravel.com/airport_shuttle

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,110 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Raja Ferry Transfer Timing

Seems weird as they do it in the other direction! I don't think Seatran do this, but I know for sure that Lomprayah do, you pay more with Lomprayah but it's quicker on the ferry (45 minutes as opposed to 1 1/2 hours).

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Raja Ferry Transfer Timing

Check this one out http://www.ferrysamui.com/

They do bus, ferry to Surat Thani airport.

Good luck

Edited: 3:05 am, April 23, 2013
Singapore
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Raja Ferry Transfer Timing

Noted thanks!

Anyone knows how long it takes to travel from Surat Thani town to Surat Thani airport?

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
2,928 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Raja Ferry Transfer Timing

I think it's about 45 minutes from Surat Thani town to the airport. Sorry I can't remember exactly but it's always been the 7am bus we have caught and I've always been half asleep - I'm not a morning person! ;)

Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Raja Ferry Transfer Timing

If u buy an Air Asia ticket from Samui to Bangkok from u get it as a combo with ferry and bus .

Edited: 12:08 am, June 24, 2013
Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
824 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Raja Ferry Transfer Timing

Hi there.

You can have a combo ticket with Lompraya, but they only run twice a day. If your flight before 11am then you have to travel the night before and stay in SuratThani. The bus journey from Donsak to Surat Thani town 1 hour by the bus. No other companies take you straight to the Airport although they do on your arrival flight! However when you arrive in Surat Thani you walk across the road and you will see the buses for the Airport they run freq and only approx. 30 min buy coach, or you can catch a local taxi 300 - 400 baht and about 15 -20 min drive. I would get the earlier ferry.

Good luck