We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkokgas can you help please ?

England
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bangkokgas can you help please ?

Hi there , We hoping you can put our minds at ease .. we travel to Thailand on Friday ( CANNOT WAIT !) and after spending some time on Ko Tao ( booked already ) we want to spend a week on Koh Samui. I have just read your recommendation about Chaweng Villa Resort and checked out the web page , it does look lovely .. is Chaweng busy in June ? as we were thinking it might not be our scene , but maybe it is ok as it is out of season ? ...we also are considering Cyrstal bay and The Lodge at Bohput or Secret Garden in Big Buddha ..can you comment on any of these places at all ? .. As we clearly have not booked accomodation yet for Samui, will we get something just turning up ? i know there is a full moon party on the 11th on KPN , does this affect the accom being full everywhere ? ...Also we thought we would check out the FM party but did not want to stay on KPN can we get there and back to Samui ok at night ?

Thanks in Advance ... :)

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkokgas can you help please ?

Hi Maize - Bristol here, oops, sorry bangkok.

Well, great q's and quite a lot to think about.

Chaweng is not "busy" in June, that means compared to dec-april.

chaweng villa is, well, an old standby really, not a top-class place, but they look after us very well, and for the price, I don't think they can be beat.

Now - you mention June.When exactly in June! I can tell you that there will be a mass exodus from bangkok (thais, expats e.t.c.) from the 9th-14th.This is because of the Kings 60th jubilee, which means the govt, and co's,authourities encourage us to 'bai lao' (get out ) for the duration. do'nt want bangkok to be seen with...traiffic jams, beggars e.t.c.! I'd say the f.m. acc will be packed beacause of the aforementioned details, but the, this is Thailand, and it does'nt always work the way you think it will. Remember June is low season, Samui is far from bangkok..so...all may be well. Difficult to come back same night from Phangan...unless you count 6.00a.m. with a boat driver who may well have had his/her fair share of "treats"! If on Samui, pay more for a reliable source waterskimming transport.But there,I cannot help. in 17 years, I have never been to a full moon party on had Rin with 10,000 nutheads. I prefer other parts of the island with 10-20 nutheads, same fun, less risk e.t.c.

Hope some,any, of this helps!!!

All the best.

B.Gas

England
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkokgas can you help please ?

Thankyou Bangkokgas .. the flight to Samui on Mon the 5th June is virtually full ..but either day aside it is not ,maybe this is why ? ...

We fly on Fri ( poet ,didnt know it ) and are in desperate need for this hol .. do you have any experience of Crystal Bay Resort which is in Crystal cove ? ...

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkokgas can you help please ?

crystal cove maize? give me a location and I'll make a phone call on the resort. ( got a free prize on local ais comp you understand, so I'm not paying!)

England
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkokgas can you help please ?

Doh ! sorry Coral Cove not crystal ! .. Thai name is Ao Thong Yang , i believe it is inbetween chaweng and lamai.. It is the resort that is called Crystal Bay .

Can you tell me if swimming is any good at Mae-nam ?.. basically our holiday requirements for our 2nd week are .. fairly quiet area but close enough to get into Chaweng / Lamai .. swimming in the sea preffered to a pool and a choice of eateries ... so we are not sure wether to head to Bohput , Mae-nam , Big buddha or Coral cove ( water looks amazing on a photo at coral cove ) . any nuggets of info on any of the above areas would be helpful .

cheers again

5. Re: Bangkokgas can you help please ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 14, 2009