We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterproof dressing cover for broken arm

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Waterproof dressing cover for broken arm

Only my son could fracture his arm 3 days before flying to Thailand! It is in a cast and he is devastated. We have managed to get hold of an aqua shield cover but it looks so filimsy. Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Koh Samui or Bangkok where we could purchase another one or something similar? He is 12. Thanks

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterproof dressing cover for broken arm

hi guys

ooops bit of bad luck there

many of the local pharmacies will have something for that , shouldn't be a problem , theres one about every 500 meters around most of Samui ,otherwise there's a few hospitals to choose from

still not a great idea to go too close to the water tho [ouch]

cheers

DC

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterproof dressing cover for broken arm

No problem you can get one from any local boots stores I got one for my son and they are fantastic - no water on the cast at good luck

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waterproof dressing cover for broken arm

no chance of getting a water proof cast put on?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waterproof dressing cover for broken arm

^So they should go back to the hospital, have the cast removed and have another one made?

I'd think it would be less effort to cover the cast during the times the kid wants to swim.

Cheers.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waterproof dressing cover for broken arm

Hey, thanks for your reply. I'm assuming you mean Boots in the UK. I hadn't even considered Boots! I'll get myself to one on Monday in the airport. Just can't wait for some sun. Cathy

New Zealand
Level Contributor
981 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waterproof dressing cover for broken arm

Cathy, Samui has Boots outlets and they are very good. But if you can get one at the airport it means it's done then. Hope you have a great time over there.

melbourne
Level Contributor
140 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waterproof dressing cover for broken arm

My son broke his arm a couple of days out. I paid to get a Fibre cast cast put on. Best money I've ever spent.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waterproof dressing cover for broken arm

I tend to agree about the waterproof cast just in case the covers don't work we'll and it gets soggy.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Waterproof dressing cover for broken arm

Thanks form the advice. Do you think we can get that done in Koh Samui? We have medical insurance. The hospital here never offered that as an option even though we said we were going away but if it exists, i will pursue it...Many thanks

melbourne
Level Contributor
140 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Waterproof dressing cover for broken arm

I don't know about in Thailand. I found I had to ask for it here. I had never heard of it and it was only that my sister in law is a nurse. Maybe give the hospital a call.