We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Preston
Level Contributor
124 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

We're staying for 4 nights in August and looking for a hotel with pool on the beach, somewhere not too lively but that there is still enough things to do and has nice restaurants/bars at night.

Which area is best to stay? Chaweng sounds like it could be a bit to nightclubby but has the nicest beach and bohput might be a bit out the way

Would really appreciate anyone's help....?

Thanks

Mansfield
Level Contributor
589 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

Knowing your budget would be a help.

Have a look at Choeng Mon. Centrally located 10/15 minutes by taxi to Chaweng /Fishermans, numerous well priced and good restaurants within 5 minutes walk, soft white sand on crescent shaped beach. Good choice of hotels to suit all budgets, have a look at www.sawasdee.com to see details of available hotels.

Coventry
Level Contributor
16 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

Hiya Kate,

we stayed in Chaweng last August and visited Bo Phut which was about 20 minutes away by Songthaew. We stayed at the Iyara beach Resort which was a 10-15 minute stroll to the main bars and shops. Loved it there the staff were friendly and very helpful.

Hope this helps

Debra

Preston
Level Contributor
124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

Thanks for the reply

It will be the last leg of our trip so were thinking in the region of anything upto £150 a night maximum really...

Mansfield
Level Contributor
589 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

Well within your budget I'd look at Imperial Boat House on Choeng which is well laid out, centrally located on the beach, arguably the best pool on the resort and restaurants literally on the 'door step' on both roadside and beach

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?

Hi

From your criteria I think either Cheonmon or chaweng noi beach both are fit in with you.

As Mansfield says Imperial boat house I Cheonmon beach

In chaweng noi beach imperial beach resort

Cheers,

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay?

South Chaweng would be ideal, quieter than Central Chaweng but only a 20 minute walk to the busier area, check out all the hotels between Samui Paradise and Banana Fan resort as this is the best stretch of beach., we stay at Poppies and the Centara.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,344 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay?

Hi,

Why not head straight for the 2012 Worlds Best Boutique Beach Hotel, Hansar Samui? eglobaltravelmedia.com.au/z-more/accolades/h…

Nothing in South Chaweng is even remotely in the same league. Your budget should be adequate. The guest reviews of Hansar are pretty much spot on. tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1179396-d16532…

IMO, home to probably the best infinity pool on the island, all rooms have a terrific ocean view from the oversized balcony with an overhead fan and comfy seating. Can't wait to return in June.

Am I a fan of the Hansar hotel chain? You bet I am.

Cheers.

Edited: 3:53 am, March 12, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay?

Have to agree with FP, I am also a Hansar fan! After spending 6 nights last year, we are back to 10 this year. Fabulous hotel.

9. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 14, 2014