We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sala vs resotel samui

Newcastle
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Sala vs resotel samui

Hubby & I are looking at getting away for approx 8 nights in mid June. We have never been to Thailand so I've done a lot of research & I think I've narrowed it down to either salas or resotel. I'm aware they're in different parts of samui. The resotel is slightly cheaper but it doesn't look as good / clean & I'm worried it will be noisy in the area & too busy.

Salas has the better reviews but I'm worried its too secluded & not close enough to shop, bars & restaurants.

We're in our early 30s & would like to be able to walk to bars & restaurants but they don't need to be clubs. We would like to really be able to relax around the pool & beach & just take each day as it comes.

We're not set on any of these hotel so if you have any other recommendations on beautiful luxury accommodation that meets all our needs I'd love to know.

Mentioned in this post
Mansfield
Level Contributor
656 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sala vs resotel samui

Sala.....too secluded !!!

Certainly not, 5 minutes walk will take you to any of a dozen good roadside bar/restaurants never mind those on the beach, 8 nights wouldn't be long enough to visit them all !

True, for shopping you'd likely prefer to travel but its only 10 minutes to Chaweng and a little longer to Fishermans.

Choeng Mon is a great location to chill out and a very central spot from which to set out and explore KS.

If you decide to stay at Sala might even meet you. I'll be at the White House, next door, from the 10th June.

Edited: 5:40 am, March 07, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Chaweng
Chaweng
Bophut, Thailand
Choeng Mon
Choeng Mon
Bophut, Thailand
White House Beach Resort & Spa
White House Beach Resort...
335 Reviews
Bophut, Thailand
Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sala vs resotel samui

The Resotel has private pools and is on the best stretch of beach in South Chaweng, it is not busy or noisy as it's at the extreme part of south chaweng but I think I would also go with the Sala which is half way between Bophut and North Chaweng.

Mentioned in this post
Chaweng
Chaweng
Bophut, Thailand
Bophut
Bophut
Ko Samui, Thailand
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,438 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sala vs resotel samui

South Chawang is not too busy, IMO, and gives more choices to walk too. However the location of the SalaThai is nice too.

What are the issues you are concerned about? We recently stayed at the Centara Grand (2nd stay) and found the recent negative reviews unfounded, IMO. So treat reviews as one persons take and opinions not necessarily fact. Many are just a list of moans that don't match the reality.

Edited: 6:30 am, March 07, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Salathai Restaurant
Salathai Restaurant
654 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sala vs resotel samui

Hi

If budget permit I would go with Sala Samui as is better league than samui resortel. The beach are equally beautiful but cheongmon beach ( Sala Samui situated ) quieter. As manfields says Sala no where near secluded there are resorts nearby with plenty or reestaurants both on beach and on the main road. However we found around 9pm its nothing much going on the beach.

Samui resortel is situated nearly end of south chawrng beach which relatively quiet but plenty of bars, shops and restaurants both on beach and main chawrng beach road in walking distance. its livelier than cheongmon beach.

Cheers,

Mentioned in this post
SALA Samui Chaweng Beach Resort
SALA Samui Chaweng Beach...
90 Reviews
Chaweng, Thailand
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
5. Re: Sala vs resotel samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 09, 2014