We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Faraway Weddings Tropical Beach Packages

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Faraway Weddings Tropical Beach Packages

Hi all.

Can anyone give us some ideas about what to expect from the tropical beach wedding (Secular or Buddhist) with Faraway Weddings. We’re getting hitched next year and although we’ve enquired about some things with Faraway, they seem a little too occupied with this years weddings to wanna answer our questions regarding next year. The kind of things we’re looking for are:

We’re going for a sunset ceremony – what time does it start and finish roughly?

How did the Bride and Groom avoid each other all day? (We’re staying at the Sala Samui which is a bit small to not see one another).

Has anyone been caught out by the rain? What was the contingency plan?

Did anyone take advantage of the day use of the Faraway Villa?

The Photography work with both Kireewong and Yuthachai look good but which is best? Also has anyone used the See You Studios Videography service?

Has anyone had the reception dinner that is available at the villa or did the party move on to a restaurant for the evening?

Finally, has anyone had the fireworks display?

Sorry to bombard you all with these questions, any other things you may think would be useful that I haven’t asked would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

UK
Level Contributor
921 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Faraway Weddings Tropical Beach Packages

I have booked a few things through Faraway but not my whole wedding package so can't help you with most of your questions. We did however book our photographer through Faraway - we booked Mr Kireewong. That was just based on personal preference based on the photos on the Faraway website and also we found some other photos on the net that he had taken of hill tribes and scenery which were beautiful.

Not seeing each other in the day: We are 'separating' from 10am onwards. Our resort is organising separate ladies and gents lunches for us and we are going to use different pools in the daytime. Fiance is getting ready in his parents' villa too. Might be some ideas you can use - I know the Sala has two pools and you probably have one of your own too.

Hope this helps

BB

2. Re: Faraway Weddings Tropical Beach Packages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:21 am, August 12, 2009