We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Samui to Phangan wihtin 1hr after landing

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry from Samui to Phangan wihtin 1hr after landing

Hi guys,

We're landing at Koh Samui airport at 12.35 on Friday 8 March (domestic flight) and are keen to hop on the first available ferry which I think is Seatran's 1.30pm service from Bang Rak pier.

Do you think we'll be able to make this or are we best off opting for the next ferry to Thong Sala (which isn't until 5ish...)? I was thinking off booking online so we can head straight to the pier when we land.

Thanks!

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Samui to Phangan wihtin 1hr after landing

hi guys

if your flight is delayed you wont make it

also it normally takes 20 minutes to get thru arrivals [approx]

so i suggest if you do book it you better org anise a very fast pickup from the airport as well

maybe if you book the 5 pm one but arrive early they might let you on ?

then you are covered both ways

cheers

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,119 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Samui to Phangan wihtin 1hr after landing

HI

Have you looked at the lomprayh ferrys, they offer a free transfer from the airport.

You may make it for the Seatran one!

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,205 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Samui to Phangan wihtin 1hr after landing

Definitely don't book in advance, it will be far too stressful especially if you have delays for any reason, but there is a slim chance you could make it for the Seatran Ferry if you are out of the airport and in a taxi by 1pm, otherwise you will have to wait for the later ferry which unfortunately is from Nathon (Lomprayah), but as TM says you do get a transfer included from the airport to Nathon where you can grab a bite to eat and have a look around until it's time to go.

Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
187 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Samui to Phangan wihtin 1hr after landing

With offload of passengers on arrival and baggage wait I do not think you will make it.. Slow down there is always another boat going. Why rush it will cause you stress not what you need.

5. Re: Ferry from Samui to Phangan wihtin 1hr after landing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 12, 2014