We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Centara Villas....

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on Centara Villas....

Hi,

I am looking at staying at the Centara Villas Koh Samui and am aware of its remote location, this doesnt bother me as long as i can get about by taxi easily enough...

Could anyone give me some advice on how much a taxi from this resort to the following would be (approx.) - i know there are shuttle services available but always good to check taxi prices:

Lamai

Chaweng

Thanks,

Paul

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Centara Villas....

Hi

Taxi on the island is not cheap especially late at night.

From chaweng villas to Lamai you will look at 400-500baht to chaweng probably 600 ++ baht but its depends on your bargain skills too.

The best options would be rent a car instead from 700baht per day up to 2500 baht depends on the car, make and model.

If driving you will need to bring international driving permit from your own country not that anyone would ask to see it ( maybe stop by police occasionally which rarely but could happens). The IDP is for your travel insurance purpose incase of unfortunate event occurs.

Cheers,

Italy
Level Contributor
39,506 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Centara Villas....

Centara villas is very remote and there won't be many taxi's about there so you'll probably be able to bargain better returning than going to Lamai or Chaweng

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,150 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on Centara Villas....

Hi

Agree, renting a car will work out cheaper than hiring a taxi on a regular basis!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on Centara Villas....

I dont mind hiring a car but during the night i would want a drink so would have to get a taxi. Guess its the hotel in chaweng then.... Sigh.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on Centara Villas....

I dont mind hiring a car but during the night i would want a drink so would have to get a taxi. Guess its the hotel in chaweng then.... Sigh.

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on Centara Villas....

Yes that's dilemma :( drink and drive Is not very good idea. If you want good beach very quiet but not too far from party scene then perhaps

Chaweng Noi beach very quiet with just a few resorts 20 mins by taxi to chawrng central for party.

Imperial beach resort

New star villas

The fair house

Vana belle ( brand new 5* )

Cheongmon beach quiet and only 10-15 mins but taxi to chaweng central.

Imperial boat house

Sala Samui

Maung Samui villas

Cheers,

warwickshire
Level Contributor
176 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on Centara Villas....

We stopped at centara villas last year and are going back this year. We got the shuttle into lamai and chaweng on a few occasions and then got a taxi back. This brings down the price but if you want to go to town every night it would work out quite expensive.

Centara is remote, only three restaurants and a couple of bars, but for us it was perfect.

You pay your money and you take your choice

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
581 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice on Centara Villas....

when we were there in january we always caught the shuttle bus into town and a taxi back from lamai they will always quote you 600bht but will come down to 500bht

Ormskirk, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice on Centara Villas....

We stopped at centara villas last year and are going back this year,we loved it !! You can get the shuttle bus and if you want to stay out later than the last shuttle back you have no problems getting a taxi back. We met a nice couple and we shared the taxi fare back on several nights out !!

warwickshire
Level Contributor
176 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice on Centara Villas....

I would not recommend sharing a taxi as we met a couple who shared ours then jumped out as soon as we arrived back at the hotel and didn't even offer to buy a drink at the bar.