We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry - Samui - Koh Phangan

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ferry - Samui - Koh Phangan

Hello all,

I have a flight landing in Koh Samui at 14.35 on 25th March, I will then need to get a ferry to Koh Phangan. Can anyone possibly advise on the best company to book with, as im thinking it is best to book in advance too as the moon party is on the 26th, so im guessing it will be busy? I am aware of Lomprayah but I am not to keen, due to the bad reviews!

Any help would be much appreciated!!! Thank you :)

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,102 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry - Samui - Koh Phangan

Hi,

Since you arrive at 14.35 your best option for Koh Phangan will be the Had Rin Queen which departs from the Big Buddha Pier at 17.30 or 18.30. As the name suggests it docks at Had Rin which is where the FMP takes place.

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry - Samui - Koh Phangan

hi guys

where are you going on phan gan?

if you are staying in haad rin then above is fine

many people stay on samui and go to full moon on the night because many places only book 3 nights minimum on Phangan during full moon

the seatran company is closer to the airport but you wont make it the same day as you arrive

cheers

dean cleeton

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry - Samui - Koh Phangan

Thanks for your replies :)

I am staying in the area of Haad Yao and there for 4 days. By looking at the Lomprayah ferry timetable, thats seems to be the most convenient, just don't like the reviews!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,102 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry - Samui - Koh Phangan

Hi,

The Lomprayah catamarans are very good provided the sea isn't rough but that also goes for the Seatrans and Songserm craft which also operate on the same route.

5. Re: Ferry - Samui - Koh Phangan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 31, 2014