We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Countdown to Samui for 2013 . . . just for fun, what's yours

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,773 posts
325 reviews
Save Topic
Countdown to Samui for 2013 . . . just for fun, what's yours

Hi Guys

As the Countdown thread is always a popular stop, chat and catch up place, here is the one for 2013.

To start off, we will be in LOS 44 days (fly on 14 February) and will be in Samui, South Chaweng in 57 days. Can't wait

Have fun and happy countdown

TravellingMitch

PS: Thanks to Mossy for the magnificent 2012 countdown thread, and Rob for the brilliant 2011 thread

Part 3 2013

cardiff
Level Contributor
142 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
141. Re: Countdown to Samui for 2013 . . . just for fun, what's yours

Can't fault you motoringman 12,what part of samui are you staying at??

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
142. Re: Countdown to Samui for 2013 . . . just for fun, what's yours

hey wiggy.....its not Aussie talk for booking it in but sort of an aussie thing.....its off "who want to be a millionaire' show, and the host is Eddy ...so when they are happy with their answer they say ' lock it in Eddy' lol

....but you could go 50/50 or phone a friend lol

sure whichever resort you choose you will have a great time, Samui is just lovely.....got to keep that wifey happy to turn her into another Samui Addict hehe ;)

happy countdowns guys

cheers

Mossy :)

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
143. Re: Countdown to Samui for 2013 . . . just for fun, what's yours

Hi all

Hey wiggy..The old says " happy wife happy life" believe me is true. As I'm a wife myself if I'm happy then everyone have a good day if I'm not then he ( mr. Pea) knows it :)

So which one then Baan Talay or Samui paradise got he nod ????

Something over 300s dreadful counting :(

Happy countdown every one

Pea :)

LHR
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
144. Re: Countdown to Samui for 2013 . . . just for fun, what's yours

I'm staying in Chaweng!! Yes I know, but like the rest think the southern bit is worth checking out

We have all been at the more than 300 countdown SP!

Chris Tarrant don't say that in UK Mossy but know us poms know, LOL . .

Edited: 1:52 am, January 28, 2013
perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
145. Re: Countdown to Samui for 2013 . . . just for fun, what's yours

Motoring man...this is my second countdown with over 300s we did last year. Seems like Mary go round. Looks like you heading off before any one else on here with just only 20s to go lucky you !!

Happy Monday

Pea :))

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
146. Re: Countdown to Samui for 2013 . . . just for fun, what's yours

Motoringman, only 20 to go you are so lucky, i still have 105 but it's coming down.

Mansfield
Level Contributor
589 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
147. Re: Countdown to Samui for 2013 . . . just for fun, what's yours

I reckon the smile is on the way back.

Finally got a decent price for flights MAN-DUB-BKK-USM return for a little over £750.....bargain. If anyones on Choeng Mon between10th-23rd June, maybe see you for a beer or 3.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
148. Re: Countdown to Samui for 2013 . . . just for fun, what's yours

Chris Tarrent still going, wow I remrmber him from years ago ( i am a pom too but now live in Oz....now a possie lol) so now you can say "lock it in Chris" lol

Pea back on that merry go round....but dont forget to hop off it here and there before the big ride to samui.....get your wedgies in too lol

Mansfield....good one getting a great fare like that, now your countdown can begin too :-)

Happy countdowns guys and if you see good deals dont forget to "lock it in eddy/chris" lol

Cheers

Mossy :-)

Edited: 5:09 pm, January 28, 2013
cardiff
Level Contributor
142 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
149. Re: Countdown to Samui for 2013 . . . just for fun, what's yours

I'm still undecided pea after reading the latest review on baan talay,it praises the complex & pool,saying very sleek and modern but the brekkie is average..thinking about it we will be eating out every nite anyway & don't they sell food on the beach??? As Mossy would say I'm still 50 50 but I no I need to move my bum b4 I

lock

it down eddie...lol...96 days to go b4 Samui

seduces me....

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
150. Re: Countdown to Samui for 2013 . . . just for fun, what's yours

Hi all

Wiggy..yes they do sell food on the beach but mainly lunch ( if you talking abut the hawkers).

In the evening the set up table and chairs, bean bags on the beach.

Maybe just get the room only and go for breakfast some where else. But that would be a bumper though.

I'm thinking to stay there end of year might have to think twice now as breakfast is a deal breaker for me. I'm a grumpy creatures I need my breakfast right in spot don't like walking around looking for something to eat in the morning dinners alone cause so much problem already..lol.

Happy countdown everyone, happy holiday everyone there now

Pea :)