We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sim card..

Cardiff
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Topic
sim card..

Whats the best sim card to buy if im only going to be using it for oversees contact to the UK? Would i also be able to top it up in cambodia? Thanks

MelbourneAustralia
Level Contributor
342 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: sim card..

Why on earth would you post a question about a Sim card for Bali on the Koh Samui forum ????

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: sim card..

MT I'm going to hazard a guess here and say pegspatch may have done a TA forum search and this thread popped up on top?

Pegspatch, you'll need to search out the Bali forum and post your question there.

MelbourneAustralia
Level Contributor
342 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: sim card..

Good call Matt, never thought of that.

Canberra
Level Contributor
591 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: sim card..

I've got a Happy (DTAC) sim with global roaming enabled, it works in Australia and worked fine in Laos, can't remember the call rates though, it was mostly used for quick calls to people in the same travelling party to coordinate.

I bought this on eBay in 2010, not sure if you can easily get the same thing now. I keep it alive in Australia by sending an sms at least every 3 months and topping up at least once a year. It doesn't have any data plan, I'll probably get and extra internet sim this year and put it in my main phone for use as a wifi hot-spot when needed, my Aus sim and Thai sim in a dual-sim phone for phone call use.

15. Re: sim card..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 12, 2014