We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meals at Tongsai Bay- can anyone help?

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Meals at Tongsai Bay- can anyone help?

My husband and I are staying at TB in August. I am hoping someone who stayed there recently will be able to tell me if there's tofu on any of the hotel menus - husband a vegan fuss-pot! Maybe Bonhomie who mentioned the food a couple of days ago could help? thanks in advance to anyone who takes trouble to reply.

UK
Level Contributor
944 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meals at Tongsai Bay- can anyone help?

I would have thought so - we had no problems getting meals made with tofu when were down on the islands before, even if it wasn't listed on the menu. Perhaps email the resort for certainty if you get no other responses.

BB

Thailand
Level Contributor
526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Meals at Tongsai Bay- can anyone help?

Tofu is an ingredient widely used in Thai cooking and surely TB has it on the menu. If not, they will buy it, easy to get on any market and in stores.

The food at TB is very health conscious anyway, no problem at all.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meals at Tongsai Bay- can anyone help?

Hi Xarla,

You've got me thinking now! There was definitely Tofu 'Satay' on the lunchtime menu in Floyds Bistro. Lots of veggie options e.g vegetable noodles and my husband recommends 'Marus Vegetable Curry'...you can tell the waiter how hot you'd like it.

Such a good hotel, that if you mention that you like Tofu dishes, I can imagine they will be pleased to help. ( I asked in passing, where I could buy the biscuits ....Kanom Ping...left with the nightly turndown in the room, next thing I know, a large bag of biscuits was handed to me, complimentary! )

Hope you have a lovely holiday.

p.s you might get 2 replies....technical problems!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meals at Tongsai Bay- can anyone help?

thanks, that's really useful - husband very fond of vegetable curry and tofu satay!