We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Koh Samui-Feb 2013

Pune, India
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Koh Samui-Feb 2013

Hi All,

I am planning for honeymoon in beautiful island of Koh Samui for 5 days in month of February'13.

I have explored various forums and found out that Bophut are Chaweng are quite popular among honeymooners.

Need help in deciding on the beach/hotel to stay for 5 days in Koh Samui (could be a beach other than mentioned above).

We are looking for a trip mix of leisure and adventure (water sports).

My budget is around $160-200 per night.

Thanks,

Mandip

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Koh Samui-Feb 2013

try the amari stayed there twice goin back next april great location on da beach check it out

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Koh Samui-Feb 2013

I would not recommend Chewang for a honeymoon, too busy, crowded etc, not really honeymoon atmosphere.

In Bophut, my personal favorite is Hansar (which will probably be in budget if you book early). Or you could try Anantara. Zazen is also supposed to be good for honeymooners but I have no idea of their prices.

Happy honeymoon :)

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Koh Samui-Feb 2013

Hi

February is still in peak season. Most hotel still in the hight price.

Cheongmon beach half way between chawrng and bophut 10 mins by taxi each both beach.

Sala Samui or Imperial boat house.

I wouldn't write off south Chaweng beach. check out Poppies beach resort and Samui paradise beach resort.

Also check out Chawrng noi beach, very quiet not much around you will need to rely on taxi or shuttl service for the resort to and from.

Check out new star villas and saraan villas.

Hope fully some of these would suit you and your budget as well as those suggest by steph and Robert e.

Pune, India
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Koh Samui-Feb 2013

Thanks all for helpful insights. I also did some research and shortlisted few of these resorts:

Kala Samui

Amari

The Passage

Hansar

Poppies ( little expensive)

I liked Hansar best among these.

Please suggest activities around Hansar for five days of stay. I am also interested in scuba diving and trying new restaurants whereas my fiance wants to shop around.

Thanks,

Mandipinder

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Koh Samui-Feb 2013

There are heaps of awesome restaurants around the Hansar and there are plenty of tour places and dive shops around that can take you on snorkeling tours. You will love the Hansar. We are heading back for 10 nights again next June we loved it so much :)

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Koh Samui-Feb 2013

From your lists the locations wise Hansar, poopies and Amari are the best. Hansar has advantage of being next to fisherman village for an up market restaurants and bars and shops.

Amari is on the north of chaweng easy walk to central of chaweng for more shops. From Amari there are plenty of restaurants and bars nearby right in the beach. The beach are just ok.

Poppies is in South Chaweng beach and on best stretch of beach plenty of restaurants, bars and shops within walking distance.

Both Hansar and poppies are just a small boutiques types resort. Amari are much bigger and many more rooms type resort.

Note Amari has two parts one on the beach side and one across the road. Just incase you don't already know.

7. Re: Honeymoon in Koh Samui-Feb 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, December 16, 2013