We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 weeks vacation, late April or early September 2013?

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
193 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
3 weeks vacation, late April or early September 2013?

After 6 years we're planning to return to Chaweng and visit one of the nearby islands next year. Could you please advise on what period would normally be the best for weather, sea conditions etc?

Thanks,

Phil

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 3 weeks vacation, late April or early September 2013?

I would choose September as it's not as hot as April, and also the sea is not as shallow...Basically the weather is more tolerable, and the sea is much better for swimming.

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
193 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 3 weeks vacation, late April or early September 2013?

Thanks Elina70, with your info and the previous advice on cost advantages September looks favourite.

I would just like to ask everyone for one further piece of advice. This year we had a twin centre holiday in Patong & Koh Lak, and we thoroughly enjoyed the change from busy to 4 days of quiet relaxation. So we are thinking of doing the same thing next year. Could you suggest a 2nd centre? We were thinking of one of the islands, but would consider elsewhere on Koh Samui.

Thanks again,

Phil

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 3 weeks vacation, late April or early September 2013?

You can do Koh Tao. Way more relaxing than Samui and you can do some snorkeling or diving there as well, views are beautiful, sea is very clear, different world...

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
193 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 3 weeks vacation, late April or early September 2013?

Thank you again Elina70, it sounds perfect. What are the main differences between Koh Tao and Koh Phangan please?

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: 3 weeks vacation, late April or early September 2013?

It's smaller, it's cleaner, it's got way better diving and snorkeling. More smaller hidden beaches with crystal clear water.

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
193 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: 3 weeks vacation, late April or early September 2013?

Thanks again Elina, it sounds perfect for us. Could you please recommend a few hotels we can consider?

Have a good weekend,

Phil

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: 3 weeks vacation, late April or early September 2013?

Elina, Great to read your reviews on Koh Samui. will be taking in Surin Beach Phuket & Lamai Beach Koh Samui late August early September 2013. its a short trip with my daughter. relieved to know that weather should be fine at Samui. Being the tropics dont mind a bit of rain. have planned on taking the day trip to Koh Tao. just a couple of Q if i may. (a) how is the sea around Samui / Koh Tao in early September (b) the catamaran & Ferry service from Surat thani all go to the Nathon pier. correct ? None at the Lipa Noi Pier. The Lipa Noi Pier would be close to my hotel on Lamai beach. Buddy Oriental.. would be grateful for your inputs as the destination expert on Koh Samui. Regards JC

Edited: 8:37 am, July 13, 2013
18. Re: 3 weeks vacation, late April or early September 2013?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 15, 2014