We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November on Koh Samui

Wollongong
13 posts
Save Topic
November on Koh Samui

Can anyone remember having good weather in Koh Samui in first 2 weeks of November. I dont mind rain at night but not all day long.?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
4,039 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November on Koh Samui

Yes, but not too much of it though. It is the wettest time of the year generally on the island.

Wollongong
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: November on Koh Samui

B.gas, thanks, but am still at loose ends about whether we should just cut shorter our time to say 4 nights instead of 8, (have the extra 4 in Phuket - that way if it does rain for the whole time, its just for 4 days!) or whether just not go to Samui at all,or whether just to take the risk and hope early November this year might shed a little sun shine for us. Don't know when the next chance will be for us to see Koh Samui again if we don't go this year.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
U.K.
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: November on Koh Samui

Last November we had nice weather. It rained a bit but it didn't spoil anything at all.

I personally don't like Phuket it's very seedy in places, so I'd say go and see Samui.

Depending on what you like in a holiday. Chaweng is a bit Blackpool, with Macdonalds et al. Lamai is girlie bars and s e x trade. Maenam and the north are nice. The west coast and south west are quiet and peaceful and a bit more real Thailand. If that's your thing I can recommend www.bigjohnsamui.com Genuine friendly people and quality at a reasonable price.

If Chaweng is your bag pick any one of a hundred.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Chaweng
Chaweng
Ko Samui, Thailand
Blackpool
Blackpool
Lancashire, UK
Macdonalds
Macdonalds