We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Baron Cruise - which day?

Perth
Level Contributor
680 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Red Baron Cruise - which day?

Hi all

We are wanting to do the the full day cruise on the Red Baron.

Which is the best day to go?

Looking at their website, Sunday seems the best day for families, and as we are both "older", perhaps a weekday cruise with less kids would be better for us?

Thanks in advance - wayvan

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Baron Cruise - which day?

Hi

I have never been on the red baron cruise. However in koh Samui there is no weekend as far as I'm concerned ( just a matter of speaking as koh Samui is tourist destinations nothing ever closed except those with govt agency/office banks, school). So to say weekdays is better than weekend does not make sense. Unless you're traveling in school holidays period otherwise I would not worry too much. Just pick the day that's you think suite you best.

Happy holiday :-)

Perth
Level Contributor
680 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Red Baron Cruise - which day?

Thanks Sweetpea.

Just trying to make the best use of our stay in Koh Samui, REALLY looking forward to our first trip there.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6,428 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red Baron Cruise - which day?

I think that the full day cruise only goes on a Tuesday and Saturday.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Red Baron Cruise - which day?

Usually they run a joined tour to Koh Ma ( off Koh Phangan) only on Sunday, as totally and fully booked during the week for private tours.

Perth
Level Contributor
680 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Red Baron Cruise - which day?

Thanks Elina.

It doesn't matter what day we go, I just got the impression that Sundays were the cheaper option for families with kids.

It's not that we don't like kids, it's just that being older, we prefer a bit of peace and quiet...lol

Cheers - Wayvan

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Red Baron Cruise - which day?

It's a huge boat with plenty of space for everyone, so kids are never a problem, plus I have seen many times couples without kids there, it's always a mixed group.

Perth
Level Contributor
680 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Red Baron Cruise - which day?

Thanks Elina.

Will definitely be booking regardless, as the tour really does appeal to us.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers - Wayvan

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Red Baron Cruise - which day?

We have booked a private cruise in late December for 9 people, I am really looking forward to it, I am sure no matter when you book you will have a great time

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6,428 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Red Baron Cruise - which day?

I was there last week and the boat sat there all day.

10. Re: Red Baron Cruise - which day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:45 pm, July 09, 2013