We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Making Reservations Through the Internet

3 posts
Save Topic
Making Reservations Through the Internet

I'm planning my honeymoon, a couple of days in Bangkok, 5 days in Koh Samui and 3 days in Dubai. The prices given by my travel agent regarding the hotels are for more expensive then the ones I find on the internet. My question is how can I know if a Thailand website is safe? I've sent an e-mail to the thai tourism authority but got no answer so far. Has anyone made a reservation using www.thaihotels.com?

Appreciate your help

Tours Koh Samui
Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Sightseeing Tours
Lamai Viewpoint
Lookouts, Sightseeing Tours, Rides & Activities, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Making Reservations Through the Internet

This website is safe. This website company is regertered as a member of Thailand Tourism Authority (TAT). This one is the same company as

www.hotelsthailand.com (Thai version)

This company is quite big and they are top 5 of online travel agency in Thailand.

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Making Reservations Through the Internet

I'm thinking of going to the Sala Samui, the price in this web site is much lower then the one my travel agent got me and the hotel looks really good. Can anyone tell me how the beach is, if there's many restaurants around...

My girlfriend would rather go to Hua Hin, but I'm not to convinced, Samui seems much more lively, with better beaches, any thoughts about this?

Aonang, Krabi
Destination Expert
for Krabi Town
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Making Reservations Through the Internet

give www.firstasiahotels.co.uk a try...that site is secure.

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Making Reservations Through the Internet

I have booked hotels on the net for vacations in Thailand and that has been a success. I have used www.hotelthailand.com, www.asiatravel.com etc. I have posted trip reports with pictures from our trips to Thailand and Dubai on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com. Maybe you can find some useful information there :-)

Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Making Reservations Through the Internet

Within Thailand try Beachsiam.com, for Dubai I recently got a real cheap deal at the Landmark Plaza for about $80 from Dubai.travelreporter.

Level Contributor
877 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Making Reservations Through the Internet

I've used www.asiatravel.com for the past 6 years and found them very professional. Payment was always to the hotel at the end of the stay so little financial risk.

Menlo Park, CA
Level Contributor
13 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Making Reservations Through the Internet

I used precisionreservations.com and found they had excellent prices and I got excellent service from them. Quick response to questions, too.