We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amari Atrium Hotel ( Bangkok)

LONDON
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Amari Atrium Hotel ( Bangkok)

Hi Gang, has anyone stayed at the above hotel? If so what was it like, and what would be a recommended tip for service and taxis. I know this varies on individuals, but I need some ideas. THANKS!

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amari Atrium Hotel ( Bangkok)

Hi,it's been a while since we stayed here,but we found the hotel very comfortable with a good standard of service.Only drawback is it is further out of the city for attractions but it was easy to get a taxi.Is nearer to airport though !!!

England
Level Contributor
99 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amari Atrium Hotel ( Bangkok)

Yeah, almost identical thoughts here. We stayed there in 2000 when the place seemed almost brand new. Nice little pool and friendly helpful staff. Good sized rooms & it always seems to be available at a great price.

The location is the only possible downside, but the hotel staff will call a taxi off the main road at the drop of a hat. When getting a taxi back to the hotel be firm on your destination to avoid ending up at the drivers 'brothers gem/clothes/souvenir shop'...

I'm not sure if the SkyTrain now goes anywhere near the Atrium.

lancs
Level Contributor
128 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amari Atrium Hotel ( Bangkok)

Hi there

Hotel is fine with good facilities but must echo what everyone else has said.

It is a long walk to either the BTS Skytrain or underground as the hotel is out on a limb.

Taxis are the only option but traffic is usually always bad. I asked the driver to take me to kho san road and he just laughed at me (1 -1.5 hr journey.

For similar budget try "Baiyoke Sky hotel" in Prutanam. Or For a little more approx £60 per room per night the "Novitel" in Siam square. excellent location MBK 5 mins walk, skytrain just round corner - cant fault it.

Hope this helps

PS If you're booking the Novitel then book it direct through the Novitel website - cheaper