We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Koh Samui

LONDON
4 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Koh Samui

Can anyone help?

We are thinking about going to Koh Samui for our honeymoon, looking at staying about 10 nights, perhaps for the first 5 nights somewhere v.quiet and luxurious and then another 5 nights where it is a bit more lively. Can anyone recommend the best place to stay? I have heard the Royal Baan Taling is good. Pls help!!

PS we are going in July - will the weather be ok?

Cheers

UK
Level Contributor
943 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Koh Samui

The weather should be good, although in the tropics there is always a slight risk of rain, perhaps the odd shower.

You could think about staying somewhere like Sala Samui for the first 5 nights which is very well reviewed on this website, private plunge pools in some suites. You would need to book asap - it is very popular. Tongsai Bay is also on a private beach and is newly refurbished. The second 5 nights you could stay somewhere on Chaweng beach which is v lively - take a look at Poppies, Muang Samui or Buri Rasa for starters. Alternatively, if Chaweng is too busy for you, take a look at Bophut Resort.

Congratulations! We are getting married in August in Ko Samui at Rocky Resort. You may want to take a look there as well - more of a boutique resort than super luxurious but it is also on a private beach and the beachfront suites are beautiful. www.rockyresort.com

Are you staying in Bangkok at all? There are some amazing hotels there too - the Peninsula, the Oriental, Four Seasons, Sukhothai to name a few.

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Koh Samui

The Le Meridien which is the Royal Baan Taling, the Pansea Napasi,Sila Evason Santurbi, and Tongsai cottages appear to be the most luxurious. Trailfinders in the Uk are offering better rates than the hotels, you can find them on trailfinders.co.uk.

they feature the Royal Baan Taling and price includes tax and are cheaper.

If you are going to Bangkok there are some fantastic Hotels as the pevious mentioned.

LONDON
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Koh Samui

Dear all,

RE HONEYMOON IN JULY,

Thanks for advise but i seem to have got myself bogged down in worrying about making the wrong decision. I had kind of decided on the Le Royal Meridien Bann Taling for the first 5 days to completely relax and chill and it has fantastic views - however the reviews dont seem to be overly good - so am worried as to whether this is a good choice.

Secondly, we wanted somewhere more near the action where we could sit out on beach and drink in the bars etc but still be in a luxious resort. Initially i was going to choose Amari but having since read reviews not too sure now and now thinking maybe poppies or sala or buri rasa.

PLS HELP ME - I cant make a decision!!

Do you think Le Royal is the best place for relaxation and views or not? If not where would you recommend.

And secondly, out of the other hotels nearer the action which do you think is best?

( also if you know of any construction works going on which may affect these hotels pls let me know),

Sorry for all the questions but i've got myself into a state trying to decide and would appreciate any help!

thanks again xx

australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Koh Samui

depends on your budget? Santiburi is very nice (about $500US/night). You could also try Bophut Spa & Resort, owned by the same Thai people. It is a little less expensive. I travel there every six months and am now going to stay at sala samui (presidential suite)in April. Can't wait. For a more lively place you might look at Chaweng (Central Samui Resort is quite a nice resort). Good luck

england
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Koh Samui

Hi I too had the very same nightmare decisions and after a great deal of help from my travel agent and posting on the forums and reading countless reviews I decided on sala samui and the amari palm reef. we are both late twentys and pretty much get up in the morning and go out but like high quality rooms but also a bit of action and people watching! I am happy with my choices but I don't think you can go too far wrong with what you've said. I must mention my agent as she has been amazing and a great help in choosing you can email het at barbera.charlton@travelcounsellors.com

england
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Koh Samui

sorry it's = barbara.charlton@travelcounsellors.com