We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed for Xmas Holiday

UK
4 posts
Save Topic
Help needed for Xmas Holiday

I am planning a holiday to Koh Samui at the end of December for 2 weeks. I am going to book direct with a hotel and book the flight separately as I think this is cheaper. Has anyone had a good deal on flights in December? I have searched on a few sites and I am finding they are all around ã800.00 at the moment, will this price come down if I wait? Also has anyone stayed at the Lamai Wanta? Any advice will be much appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
Lamai Wanta
Lamai Wanta
602 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
Poppies Samui
Poppies Samui
#1 of 103 hotels in Chaweng
SALA Samui Chaweng Beach Resort
SALA Samui Chaweng Beach Resort
#2 of 103 hotels in Chaweng
Bo Phut Resort & Spa
Bo Phut Resort & Spa
#3 of 184 hotels in Bophut
Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed for Xmas Holiday

I use trailfinders in the uk and find they can not be beater for prices, they did have some good offers on with Eva air . I always book separately and find it is cheaper.

liverpool
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed for Xmas Holiday

we are going to Koh Samui on the 26th december for 10 days. we booked our trip through STA travel. it cost us £1300 for both of us in a 3 star central hotel on chaewang beach! flying with Eithad airways from manchester via Abu dhabi. they have a website www.statravel.co.uk.

Mentioned in this post
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
UK
Level Contributor
963 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed for Xmas Holiday

We always use Trailfinders and usually cannot find the prices cheaper. However, my sister just booked her Eva air flight through ebookers.com - the price quoted was slightly more expensive but given that she got Nectar points by using ebookers it worked out cheaper effectively. Currently you can get triple Nectar points if you book during April on ebookers.

Rochester, United...
Level Contributor
427 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed for Xmas Holiday

Hi ther

Do a search on my member name for review of lamai Wanta, I just posted one to someone else and dont want to repeat myself. Also I've just read another review by 747 for Lamai Wanta, which is also spot on.

Might see you there end December, thinking of going back this year as we had such a great time last year

Suzie

Mentioned in this post
Lamai Wanta
Lamai Wanta
602 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
5. Re: Help needed for Xmas Holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, August 16, 2009