We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon advice please

VGB
Ireland
3 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon advice please

I am trying to book a honeymoon for this July and was thinking about Poppies for about 5/6 nights and then maybe Sala Samui for another 3/4 nights. We don't mind paying for something really nice and didn't necessarily want to be in the middle of action in Chaweng but at the same time not too isolated from shops/restaurants etc. I have read many of the postings and come up with these two. Is there anywhere else that anybody would recommend as being superior to those mentioned. Also is there any site recommended to get offers on hotels?

Thanks in advance,

England
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon advice please

Hi,

Poppies does look very nice and you'd be at one end of Cheweng so not in the heart of it, we Honeymooned at The Central Samui Beach Hotel in Cheweng which is at the same end as Poppies, which was very nice too.

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
943 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon advice please

Friends of ours stayed at Muang Samui on Chaweng and loved it. Perhaps an alternative to Poppies - and it also has pool villas like Sala Samui.

www.sawadee.com does good rates and is reliable.

Another location to consider is Bophut beach - you can go to the Fishermans' Village at night for restaurants and bars (but not on same scale as Chaweng).

Take a look at Bophut Resort & Spa and Anantara.

VGB
Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon advice please

Thanks Goonerbunny and bella-Butterfly, I will check these out and hopefully come up with something soon.

Also does anyone know what the beaches are like around Chaweng in July. I have read that in parts you may not be able to swim at this time of the year.What is the beach like around Poppies?

Thanks