We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TIme required to transfer at Bangkok Airport coming from...

Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
TIme required to transfer at Bangkok Airport coming from...

I have just had my flight times through for my Koh Samui trip and wonder if anyone can tell me if 2 hours is enough time to get to the main airport terminal in Bangkok to catch my connecting flight to Bahrain.If not I am gonna have to be 6 hours in Bangkok airport on my own. Thanks for any info.

Newcastle N S W
Level Contributor
920 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TIme required to transfer at Bangkok Airport coming from...

2 hours is cutting it a bit fine & I wouldn`t do it, I know 6 hours is a pain but its better than missing your flight.

Kent, uk
Level Contributor
128 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TIme required to transfer at Bangkok Airport coming from...

hey now I am totally confused !! I too have a short time at Bangkok before connecting flight to Heathrow UK, from KOH Samui. Is it a different airport or something.??? You know I never thought to worry about this and I am going through some awful first time to Thailand nerves- we go Friday. Perhaps I have totally misunderstood what you are asking here?

We are Going to Koh Samui, we arrive from Chiang Rai flight at Bangkok 11:45 then fly to Koh Samui at 13:40 and then on return we arrive Bangkok from Koh Samui 10:20 am and arrive at Bangkok 11:50 then flight to Heathrow at 13:50. Is this OK....... now I am really worried ....... Many thanks for help

U.K.
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TIme required to transfer at Bangkok Airport coming from...

The domestic and international terminals are a 5 minute bus trip apart, buses run every 15 minutes. There is also a pedestrian walkway which takes about 10-15 minutes to get to the check in desks.

You can check you baggage straight through to you destination from Samui, so no waiting around. I've done it in an hour once when a Samui flight was cancelled and I took the next one.

As there are flights every half hour out of Samui I wonder why you will be waiting either 2 or 6 hours though?

Newcastle N S W
Level Contributor
920 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TIme required to transfer at Bangkok Airport coming from...

Maybe the flights in between the 2 to 6 hour period are booked but I agree with flights as often as there is you would think you would be able to get a later flight to Bkk.

Smitty you will be fine with your connection from Chang Rai to Samui as it`s the domestic terminal.I know a previous poster said he did it in an hour coming back but that really is cutting it too fine,as I said 2 hours is cutting it fine but you will be ok if everything goes to plan especially if your bags are checked through & also if you can become a CIQ passenger from Samui,this means that if your airline is partner in this scheme (not all are)you will clear customs in Samui, you become a transit passenger & you are taken directly from the plane in Bkk across the tarmac to the international terminal where you can check in for your outward flight copy & paste this link it describes it in more detail

members.virtualtourist.com/m/58fa6/16186f/9/

Jamie

Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TIme required to transfer at Bangkok Airport coming from...

Thanks for all the advice. My travel agent only offered me those 2 flight times from Koh Samui to Bangkok, I have no idea why. I wasn't sure either if my baggage would be checked right through I am flying Gulf Air. Anyhow I am now going on the earlier flight which will be better for me and give me loads of time to browse the Duty Free :-}