We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Bangkok to Koh samui

Trivandrum
Level Contributor
174 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from Bangkok to Koh samui

Hi,

We are a family of 6 travelling from Bangkok to Koh samui. the only options seem to be thai air and bangkok airways, both of which are quite steeply priced.. are there any other affordable flight options of getting from bangkok to koh samui?

Thanks

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
378 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Flights from Bangkok to Koh samui

guys I have been doing quite some reading about this and I have figured that bkk to surat thani and then on ferry probably makes the most sense both with respect to time and money.

As far as I have understood there is www.lomprayah.com or seatran which are the best options to take for ferry from Surat Thani.

For Lomprayah you can even make the bookings online - however they have options of only 2 ferries in a day - morning and late afternoon.

Seatran I am still figuring out and trying to find their official english website to see timings and costs etc - quite a few travel agent sites which offer info on them but their own website seems to be in thai..

So thats the info I have - any more suggestions/corrections or advice is most welcome - pls feel free to comment !

The NOK Air options is good if you dont mind travelling from one airport to another upon arrival in BKK, i just didnt wanna do that and went ahead and booked myself on air asia for surat thani..

Cheers

12. Re: Flights from Bangkok to Koh samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:26 pm, July 18, 2011
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
378 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Flights from Bangkok to Koh samui

wow witwong - thanks so much - this is a very detailed info indeed.

Cheers

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Flights from Bangkok to Koh samui

We have just done the NokAir combo and it was great. Really well organised and although it took longer it was worth it for the extra cash we had available. Your luggage is tagged with your destination (as are you!) so and all staff are looking out to make sure you're going the right way, they were really helpful & couldn't fault it!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Flights from Bangkok to Koh samui

Hi we are using Nok air which has a flight and ferry option, takes about four hours, and is reasonably priced ($150 pp ret). I have seen goood things about Nok, but the one thing to note is that they use the old airport in BKK

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Flights from Bangkok to Koh samui

Shame about Witwong's posting. It was v. useful.

Using Nok Air from Don Muang is actually a breeze, although the practical options for getting there are limited to taxis. You'll find it Don Muang a bit shabby, but its easy and quick to board and disembark.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Flights from Bangkok to Koh samui

where can i find witwongs post again? is it left on some other forum out here?

DUS
Level Contributor
656 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Flights from Bangkok to Koh samui

Here is it (still)

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g293918-i7560-k…

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
378 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Flights from Bangkok to Koh samui

Dear All,

Am back from the trip! Just wanted to share - on reaching ST via flight from BKK, we took the seatran bus and ferry combo - it was really simple and took a total of around 4 odd hours, the bas was fine/decent as was the seatran ferry which was quite huge and with splendid views of the coastline:)

Total cost was around 350-400 thb and was toally worth the experience, so if anyone is looking for a cheaper way to get to KS and has some time on their hands this is definitely the way to go!

Cheers

Scotch

20. Re: Flights from Bangkok to Koh samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, October 05, 2012