We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nore Beach Resort - good location?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nore Beach Resort - good location?

My sister and I (from NY) are spending 5 days in Ko Samui at the Nora Beach Resort. I have heard it is not located in Central Chaweng - 5 minute cab ride - but as we both do want to experience the local day/night life - should we be staying at a hotel more central?

Any advice is most appreciated!

Thailand
Level Contributor
526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Nore Beach Resort - good location?

Nora Resort is indeed only 5 minutes from the happenings. If you have a good deal there, no need to change the hotel. Cab ride is Baht 20 per person.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nore Beach Resort - good location?

Thank you for your response - but I just had my travel agent look into the Chaweng Regent Beach Resort - which I think was costing out at a similar price. Advice on one vs. the other or a better reco in the same price range?

Appreciate the advice!

Newcastle N S W
Level Contributor
920 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nore Beach Resort - good location?

Chaweng Regent is within walking distance to the main eating,shopping & entertainment area of Chaweng, a negative about Nora for me was that it was a fair distance to walk(part downhill)to get to main Chaweng but as Bernd said it`s only 20 baht or 5 min in a songtaew.

Jamie