We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Phangan - ''Asia Bungalows'

Orpington
5 posts
Save Topic
Koh Phangan - ''Asia Bungalows'

Hi,

Has anyone stayed in Asia Bungalows? It's located in Haad Salad and i wondered if anyone can comment on either the location or the accommodation?

I'm thinking of going there with my boyfriend at the end of November and just wondered what it's like?

Thanks!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,952 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Phangan - ''Asia Bungalows'

Know the beach but not the bungalows.not the best for location. You might consider changing the time you go though - November is VERY wet.

Thailand
Level Contributor
526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Phangan - ''Asia Bungalows'

I always stay at Baan Panburi, nice and clean bungalows, some with aircon, great restaurant and a dream of a beach. However, November is probably the worst month to go....too wet for my liking.

Orpington
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Phangan - ''Asia Bungalows'

Thanks a lot for this advice. i'll check out the accommodation you recommended too. Is December a better month to go (say first two weeks)?

Thailand
Level Contributor
526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh Phangan - ''Asia Bungalows'

December is usually as wet as November, only from Jan. onwards it usually gets better (same this year). If you look at hotel rates in general, you will find out that November until 20.December rates are very low (coz weather is bad)

uk
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Koh Phangan - ''Asia Bungalows'

hi, my boyfriend and i have just come back from thailand, whilst on koh phangan we stayed at asia bungalows. the location is amazing especailly if u get a sea front bungalow. the bungalows themselves are really nice and clean with aircon which we needed. the only little problem was no tv and just a draw with a lock on instead of a safe. the owners are really nice. its a very quiet beach with just a few bars but its perfect for relaxing, just like paradise. salad beach resort is also very nice it has a lovely resturant and a pool, this is just a 30 second walk along the beach from asia bungalows. hope this helps

UK
Level Contributor
943 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Koh Phangan - ''Asia Bungalows'

I agree with Bernds - best beach is Thong Nai Pan Noi but I would put Haad Salad second. I haven't stayed at Asia Bungalows - we always go back to Salad Hut. Here is the website - http://www.saladhut.com/index2.htm. Bungalows are v spaced out - owners are LOVELY and the food is fab and cheap. Go and eat there even if you do stay at Asia Bungalows.

There is also a lovely place further along to the left side of the beach (if you are standing on it looking out to see) and set back into the trees from the beach. It was decorated with rich silks and cushions and had a real hippy vibe to it - lovely food and atmosphere and the owner had a great sense of humour. can't remember the name of it though!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Koh Phangan - ''Asia Bungalows'

Hi Bella

We were thinking of staying at Salad Hut but are now considering Baan Panburi Resort.

Can you tell me what you think? We are only in the region for 3 days and are hoping to maybe spend a day over at Ko Samui and maybe half day trip to Ko Tao??

We just want something cheap, clean and relaxing

Emjay xx

UK
Level Contributor
943 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Koh Phangan - ''Asia Bungalows'

I think Salad Hut might be cheaper but I prefer Thong Nai Pan Noi as a beach. I replied to your other post - I haven't stayed at Baan Panburi but my friend did last year. She loved it - and compared it favourably to Salad Hut. She chose to stay some time in each place.

Salad Hut is an old favourite of ours - and we return for that reason rather than returning because we love the beach itself. But I don't think we are going to go there this year as we are travelling with our toddler and we think we will need air con. So, if choice is air con place on Haad Salad or air con place on TNPN, then the latter wins over. If it turns out it is not as necessary as we thought, we will definitely go over there for a few days - the owners really were v lovely. Your restaurant 'tab' is done on an honour system. You have a little book that you record all your purchases in and you pay at the end - at least that is how it used to be, all things change so it may not be the case anymore. There was also a great massage guy on the beach - I think he was called Mr Moo. One of the best massages I had received in Thailand - he was a monk in Chiang Mai for a long time, the lady at Haad Salad told us and is quite old now. He doesn't speak much English but comes out with phrases such as Top Banana and Lovely Jubbly that makes you smile just as he performs some manouevre on you that would otherwise have you grimacing...

BB