We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Bernds or Bangkokgas

Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Question for Bernds or Bangkokgas

Hi Folks,

I've been reading some of your recent replies to other members' questions and Bernds seemed to know a bit about the tides in Bophut. I wasn wondering if either of you would know if there would be a low tide in Laem Nan Beach, Lamai at the beginning of September?

We stayed at the Sala Samui last year and the beach was beautiful and my husband swam in the sea for the first time in his life and loved it! He's always refused to swim in the sea in Europe but the sea in Thailand is a dream in comparison. We'll be quite near the bay at the top near Chaweng and any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Deargy.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,943 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for Bernds or Bangkokgas

Deargy,

If would kindly tell me North or South Chaweng I will mark your card. North Chaweng has a kind of reef wall that keeps the seawater out to a large extent between may-september. The south side is no problem at all at any time of the year.

Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for Bernds or Bangkokgas

Thanks Bangkokgas. We were planning on staying at the Renaissance. I did notice that some people have commented about there being a lack of swimmable sea, but I was hoping that it would only be at certain times of the year. I guess we could probably walk down Lamai beach a bit if it's better....and I know you are a fan of Lamai beach from previous responses!

Thanks Again

Regards

Deargy