We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chaweng Cove Resotel, Koh Samui

Sweden
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Chaweng Cove Resotel, Koh Samui

Hi,

I just booked Chaweng Cove Resotel (going in July -06). Im starting to feel a bit worried though, about some of the things that are said about this hotel. Have I made a mistake booking it? Does anyone have updated info about the place? We are staying in a beachfront bungalow.

Thanks from a cold Sweden

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chaweng Cove Resotel, Koh Samui

I stayed in a beachfront bungalow 2 years ago.There are 4 beachfront bungalows and ours was next to Poppies.They are clean and have a balcony overlooking the beach.

The resort is well kept and the staff are friendly.The pool was good but they could do with more sun lounges,other guests get up early and take them.

Here's some other reviews.

http://www.sawasdee.com/hotel/677128/review/

Australia
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Chaweng Cove Resotel, Koh Samui

Hi,

Do not worry at all you have made an excellent choice. My boyfriend and I went to koh samui in May 2005 and paid a fortune to stay at the Blue Lagoon. The Blue Lagoon is lovely (and pool/restaurant brilliant) but is on a crap part of the beach - you have to walk out about 50m before it gets deep, and our room was ordinary and was a good 50m from pool. My sister and her boyfriend came also but couldnt afford to stay at Blue Lagoon so they stayed at Chaweng Cove Resotel in a beachfront bungalow. The actual hotel is ordinary (pool falling apart and not real nice) but the bungalows are awesome and right on a nice area of the beach (not five star but comfortable and clean) but RIGHT on the beach!!! PLUS they are only 10 metres walk from the bar which serves lovely food and drinks for cheap!!! So we ended up spending our whole trip on the balcony of my sister's bungalow drinking cocktails as it was far nicer (and cheaper) than sitting in the hotel room at Blue Lagoon... We are going back next year (cause Koh Samui is the best place on earth) and the 4 of us are going to hire 2 bungalows side by side!! Dont worry you are going to have the time of your life!