We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bungalows or small hotels in Koh Samui

Toronto
8 posts
Save Topic
Bungalows or small hotels in Koh Samui

Hi there,

We will be going to Koh Samui for our honeymoon in May and are looking for recommendations for bungalows or small hotels. Budget is no more than $125 US/night.

Thanks!

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bungalows or small hotels in Koh Samui

Being on your honeymoon,you'd probably want to stay at Bophut Beach,it's a 10 minute drive to the busy Chaweng Beach.

The 2 most popular Honeymoon destinations are Tongsai Bay and Salasamui but they're very pricey.

Take a look at this website below,you can book direct for a 30-40% saving from travel agents prices.

http://www.sawasdee.com/hotels/samui.html

Bangkok
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bungalows or small hotels in Koh Samui

Lily,

Take a look at "Paradise Beach Resort" on Meanam Beach. Friends of us stayed there last year and told us it was great. I checked on some bookings sites and a bungalow is around 125-130 US$ a night in May. It is not mentioned on the Sawadee site but you can find it on this one:

www.thailand-room.com/koh-samui-hotels.html

For some reviews check out the Koh Samui hotel section on:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g293918-Koh_Samui_Sur…

The Paradise Beach Resort is Number 8 and I see only raving comments about this place.

Have a great honeymoon,

Steve

Thailand
Level Contributor
526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bungalows or small hotels in Koh Samui

Let me know your exact dates and I might be able to assist you (no bungalows but boutique hotel)

Toronto
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bungalows or small hotels in Koh Samui

Thanks for all of your help. I will be travelling from May 2 - May 7.

Boutique hotels are fine too. We just want to avoid the big hotels and want something more quaint.

Surrey UK.
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bungalows or small hotels in Koh Samui

If you want something quiet and less like Blackpool with sun go to the west coast.

Try this site for beachfront bungalows www.bigjohnsamui.com

The beach is so beautiful a lot of people get married there, and they are so friendly and nice.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bungalows or small hotels in Koh Samui

Avoid Aree Bungalow Lamai... the guy there only wants his money and got angry when we said we couldnt book 7 days in advance. He became very abrubt and angry at me. He even said all I want to know is that you will be booking for 7 days.. I dont want 3 days .. i want 7.

Greed doesnt pay my friends.. this place is BAD ENERGY

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Bungalows or small hotels in Koh Samui

Although this tiny resort isn't directly on the beach it is much cheaper. It is called "the sundays resort". My husband and I stayed there in September of last year for our honeymoon. It costs around $55 Aus a night and you have your own individual bungalow, surrounding a pool. It is situated just out of Bophupt 154/4 Moo 1 Tumbon Bo pud. We were only supposed to stay for three nights and then find accomodation near the beach but fell in love with this resort and the people who work their too and stay their for the whole time we were in Ko Samui 10 days. Other travellers we met at the resort also said the same thing.

I highly recommend this resort. www.thesundaysresort.com

UK
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bungalows or small hotels in Koh Samui

I agree with Florence. Big John Resort is idyllic. Ideal for honeymoon. We have been twice and will stay nowhere else! When I go to Big John, it feels like I am going home! They are like one big family! Food is fantastic. It is not expensive. EAch of the villas are set in tropical gardens about 10 meters from a quiet strip of beautiful beach. The sunset views here are to die for! You have got to go!