We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Nov/Dec

Nottingham
2 posts
Save Topic
Weather Nov/Dec

My husband & I are making our first trip to Koh Samui on 28 November and will be there until 9 December. What will the weather be like then? Also, will it be cold at night?

Spain
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Nov/Dec

'm planning on booking my honneymoon for JANUARY 06. Most people that I have asked have said that the weather should be fine but I read somewhere it��s raining for october to may. So, I hope somebody reply.

Thailand
Level Contributor
526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Nov/Dec

The weather in November and December will be more wet as usual as it falls into the so called rainy season. Even January is still wet. However, with the weather up-side-down everywhere you look, it can also be nice and sunny as th eprevious days on Samui. It cools down at night, specially after the rain...but not below 22 celsius.

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather Nov/Dec

The monsoon season is usually Oct-Jan,so you will probably cop some rain,normally in the afternoons,but i have been on Samui at this time and received nothing but great sunshine,so who knows?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather Nov/Dec

i read somewhere that it was their dry season Dec - Jan (as that is when i will be out there)??

Thailand
Level Contributor
526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather Nov/Dec

Sorry Doodette, it will be more wet than usual during that time.....

UK
Level Contributor
404 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather Nov/Dec

I have visited Samui from mid November -late December on 4 occasions in recent years -on the first 3 of those visits I had perfect weather...no rain,plenty of sunshine and a temperature both night and day that was far more pleasant than that of the mid Jan-May period.

I was beginning to believe that all the talk about rain at this time was rubbish...that is until I arrived last December when it rained for approx 40% of my stay.However I still got to see plenty of sun and the when the rains came they cooled things down nicely,allowed my skin to recover from any sun burn and provided me with a good excuse(as if I really needed one!) for a lazy day or two over a few Singha beers,a good book and a copy of the Bangkok Post.

As always when it comes to the weather,you pay your money and you take your chances.I have also visited Samui in the February to April period and on one occasion I had a week of continuous rain day and night...the streets were flooded and the whole island was a washout..I got so fed up with the grey skys and rain I actually left early to spend my last few days in "sunny" Bangkok!

By the way I will also be in Samui next month and I'm feeling very confident.If it rains a little,then it rains....but at least its warm rain!