We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with things to do and see in Bangkok and koh samui...

belfast
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
help with things to do and see in Bangkok and koh samui...

Monica4 you have been so helpful to others asking for your advise, so maybe you can help me. My husband and I have booked to stay in Bangkok 3 nts and onto central samiu beach resort for 14 nts over Christmas and new year. It is a big 50 birthday and we would love to make it as special as possible.

Can you suggest places to eat , things to see..not to miss.. any help from you would be really appreicated. Thanks also would we be better to bring Batt usa or stirling or even Euro for spending money, is it expensive to eat out well? I would love ohave a "plan" before we travel Thanks again.

Dottydot

belfast
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: help with things to do and see in Bangkok and koh samui...

Hi

Does you hotel have a banquet or something special organised for New Year, as we do not know if Central Samui Beach Resort

has anything sorted. Maybe someone will have a suggestion as to what we can do over New year? Thanks

belfast
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: help with things to do and see in Bangkok and koh samui...

HI

I have tried to contact the hotel by e-mail to orannise a birthday cake for my husband or somthing special but without luck. What would be the best way to contact the hotels for info,

is air mail the best idea?

London
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: help with things to do and see in Bangkok and koh samui...

On samui a restaurant called The Mangrove (short distance from the airport) is better than good. They are listed on numerous websites - a simple google search will see you good. I visit samui regularly and always make a point of eating there as often as possible. The french chef and his wife will look after you, ensure you have a special evening and serve you a meal the you will never forget!Well certainly not the home made ginger rum anyway! Its not as pricey as some other restaurants and is also out of town. Have a look.

Ramsgate, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: help with things to do and see in Bangkok and koh samui...

bangkokgas what is an escape clause?? only i have booked an hotel think i may have made a mistake as now they have told me iam not near the beach

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,910 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: help with things to do and see in Bangkok and koh samui...

Ummm... an example of an 'escape clause' is making a booking but ensuring no money is deducted from your card.Resorts will not do so anyway usually until you arrive.The credit card no. just acts as some kind of guarantee that you are going to show up.You could get 'sick' after all right?

U.K.
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: help with things to do and see in Bangkok and koh samui...

You have to go to Big John Seafood, the most famous and possibly longest running restaurant on the island.

If you want a birthday celebration the owner Meaw (pronounce Mel with 'w')will do anything you ask. Have a krathong made to float on the sea and bring good luck. Fly a Chom Loi into the sky and wish upon a star. Have a firework display on the beach.

She will also arrange transport etc..

If you don't go for the party, go there one of the nights during your stay, the hospitality is almost overwhelming, it's a great place. See shat I mean on their web site www.bigjohnsamui.com

Have a great time,

Moto.

U.K.
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: help with things to do and see in Bangkok and koh samui...

Forgot to answer your other question.

Sterling travellers cheques get the best rate of exchange, followed by sterling. You can cash them at the airport and in dozens of places on Samui, no need to take any baht.

Moto