We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

central samui beach or amari palm reef???

england
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
central samui beach or amari palm reef???

i am wanting a good location (near beach and nightlife) and a good standard of hotel (nice pool and nice rooms.) reading reviews both hotels seem to read up similar. from pictures i have seen like the rooms at amari and beach at samui??? which would you think is best for my requirments?

also i have heard its cheep there, how much money would you think i'd need for 7nights?

Edin,UK
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: central samui beach or amari palm reef???

Amari for me is a better hotel.

Stayed there in June for 3 weeks and visited the Central a few times.

Best beach is at the Central though.

The one at the Amari is protected by a reef ad it can get very shallow.But its great for kids.

The central is slap bang in the middle of all the nightlife, but that said, Chaweng beach road runs from North to South for about 5 miles and TUK Tuks (taxis) are loke 20 bhat per person.Thats about 20p.

7 nights spends, I will eat my hat if you spend more than a grand,and that would be being really extravagant.

London
Level Contributor
23 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: central samui beach or amari palm reef???

We stayed at the Amari in June and like you could not decide between the Central and Amari. Having been, I would still be undecided what to do if going again as bottom line is that Amari would be perfect if is was in the Central's location. The Amari is the most fantastic hotel - very modern contempary with some lovely touches, but the letdown is the beach which isn't good - there was no sea at all during the time we were there. The Central has the best beach but the hotel is more old fashioned. In terms of location to night-life, both are good - just at opposite ends of the road and the songathons go past every minute to get you up and down. So if you want the best accomodation, go for Amari and if you want the beach, go for Central.

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: central samui beach or amari palm reef???

I have stayed at the Amari 4 times and it is amazing,especially the service.Like the other poster's say,the beach isn't the best but a good beach is only a short walk and the pool is great and it is close to everything and they have one of the best restaurants on Samui called Prego.