We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry from surat thani to samui????

galway, ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
ferry from surat thani to samui????

hello, me and my boyfriend are going to samui in two weeks.we arrive in surat thani airport around 12.30 p.m. in the afternoon and i am wondering does anyone know which is the best ferry to catch and can u get a bus to donsak from the airport in surat thani?i saw on a website a new seatran express boat that actually goes from bandon pier in surat thani city to nathon,is this correct?this would be handier,it would save having to get the 1 hour bus journey to don sak from airport.

any help would be greatly appreciated,thanks!

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
403 posts
1. Re: ferry from surat thani to samui????

DONT get the ferry from Surat Thani town. It takes around 5 hours from there to Samui. Get the bus or taxi to Don Sak then the ferry, they leave on the hour every hour until 7pm.

2. Re: ferry from surat thani to samui????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:42 am, October 16, 2009