We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Surat Thani to Don Sak Pier.

ireland
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi from Surat Thani to Don Sak Pier.

Originally posted this question on the main Thi forum,but should probably have asked more locally.

Our train from Bangkok arrives at ST at 16:30 and I believe the last (daytime) ferry departs from Don Sak Pier for Koh Phangan at 18:00. Will the bus be ok to get us to the boat on time or should we get a taxi? Please can anybody advise me.Thank you.

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
403 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Surat Thani to Don Sak Pier.

The bus stops frequently along the way so its a lottery exactly how long it takes. You should make it but you will only have 20 minutes or so. Its a fine line and being the last ferry of the day you wouldn't want to miss it. I would get a cab.

ireland
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Surat Thani to Don Sak Pier.

Thank you for your advice, small bits of advice like you have given me are so helpful.I am older and not too well, so I like to get travel plans (sorted out in my head at least )in advance now I know to get a taxi for peace of mind. If I had got the bus I woukd have had to panic for an hour or so wondering if I was going to get there o.k. I have never been to Thailand before so BIG SLAINTE to you

3. Re: Taxi from Surat Thani to Don Sak Pier.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:28 am, September 23, 2009