We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sala Samui Resort

UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Sala Samui Resort

Has anyone here stayed at the Sala Samui resort?

I am trying to plan a trip at the moment.

It looks fabulous but a report from a visitor will give me confidence.

Regards

Rich

Mentioned in this post
SALA Samui Chaweng Beach Resort
SALA Samui Chaweng Beach...
90 Reviews
Chaweng, Thailand
ireland
Level Contributor
84 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sala Samui Resort

no have not stayed there yet but have booked three nights of my honeymoon there in july. looking forward to it. it does look fab.

jinks

london
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sala Samui Resort

I am also staying at the sala samui at beg feb. A little nervous as was meant to be opening in oct then it changed to dec. It looked lovely but dont want to be staying in a buildind site. If you go on their website they only show pictures of 2 types of rooms others say that pictures will come soon. Are they not built yet!!!

Would love to hear from anyone that has been.

Best wishes

Harrriet

liverpool, uk
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sala Samui Resort

Hi all, iam also planning a trip to sala samui resort in may05', and iam sure ive seen a review on one or two web sites somewhere along the line! Ill write back shortly if i can fine them, and let you know where to find them!

UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sala Samui Resort

Hi there,

I went and booked the hotel for April.

I then sent an email to the hotel for informaion and some pictures.

The reservations manager replied and said he would reply to me in a couple of days in full. Then the Tsunami happened.

I then got a reply from the assistant and it basically said they couldnt be bothered to anser my questions.

Im having second thoughts now on the hotel.

Rich

ireland
Level Contributor
84 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sala Samui Resort

we also went ahead and booked. i e-mailed the resort to enquire as to whether any damage had been done and to see if the resort had in fact opened its doors. i received a prompt reply to tell me no damage had been done and that the resort was fully operational.

heres hoping its as good as it looks.

would also love to hear a visitors review

jinks

London
Level Contributor
417 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sala Samui Resort

Found this link regarding this hotel which may be useful!http://www.r24.org/kingdomthailand.com/samui/salasamui/pictures/

Penny

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sala Samui Resort

It's ok. we expected more....the web-site is great...

.the hotel does not really correspond to the quality of web-site, but we stayed there in mid-december (it was not finished, and noone warned us about it).

So we moved to Buriraya....and Buriraya was more than u c on the web-site. The best stay ever together with Peninsula.

Gregg

london
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sala Samui Resort

hi gregg

how unfinished was the hotel? i am staying in beginning of feb is it likely it may be ready or should i try another horel?

look forward to hearing from you

Harriet

UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sala Samui Resort

I think I am going to cancel.

I still havnt had a reply to my questions from the hotel.

I even called them and got nowhere.

Rich

U.K.
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sala Samui Resort

I'd give it a miss too, sounds iffy. We always stay at Big John Resort on Samui, it's right on the beach, totally laid back, brilliant. There are plenty of lovely places, no need to take chances with this one.

Mentioned in this post
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand