We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which room to book at the Sala Samui?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Which room to book at the Sala Samui?

Based on all the reviews on Trip Advisor, we have definitely decided on the Sala Samui for our holiday in Feb 06.

To anyone that has already stayed at the Sala Samui, could you please advise which would be better - 1 br pool villa or 1 br duplex villa suite. The difference in price isn't much and we have had a holiday for an eternity so don't mind paying more if it's worth it. But just curious about how private the duplex suites are. We really like the idea of a detached villa but wondered if the duplexes are part of a bigger building rather than 'stand alone'. It's hard to tell from the hotel website photos. Also can't tell what the balconies are looking onto - hopefully not other rooms.

Thanks for you time.

Lettie

London
Level Contributor
65 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which room to book at the Sala Samui?

Lettie,

I am not sure. I know the Garden pool villas are attached to the main building, I think? Whereas the Sala Pool Villas are individual. The best thing would be to contact the hotel directly who are very helpful, there email is reservations@salasamui.com

Hope this is a help

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which room to book at the Sala Samui?

Hi Baldie

Thanks for your kind reply. I emailed reservations but they just cut and pasted the info from their website (quite funny). Not to worry, I am sure all of the rooms are fabulous at the Sala Samui so we'll stick with the 1br villa we've booked rather than spending more on an upgrade. Roll on February!!!

London
Level Contributor
65 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which room to book at the Sala Samui?

Lettie,

I am there in a few weeks, so will have a look at the different rooms (if they will let me) and then I'll report back

Cheers

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which room to book at the Sala Samui?

That would be great. Look forward to getting your opinion of the place. Have a wonderful time!!!