We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rocky resort samui

Eugene OR
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Rocky resort samui

I have been looking at this resort as I have just discovered the Sala Samui is booked in September. Has anyone stayed at the Rocky Resort? If so how is the beach in front of it and how close is it actually to Lamai beach? Were the rooms/service nice? Your response is greatly appreciated.

UK
Level Contributor
923 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rocky resort samui

Hi Avrtiska

I haven't stayed at Rockys but have booked it for my wedding next summer. My best friend stayed there in January and loved it. The rooms were beautiful (especially the beachfront rooms) and the service was excellent.

The beaches are quite small I think (small coves rather than acres of white sand) with large rocks - in January Claire found she could swim easily from the beach but I am not sure what the tides will be like in September. However, and this was a big plus for me, the beaches are private.

A recent posting on Rocky's own website says that it is not a five minute stumble from Lamai but it is a five minute drive.

As I said, I haven't stayed there yet but the level of service that I have received from them regarding the wedding planning has been excellent to date.

Eugene OR
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rocky resort samui

Thank you very much for your response. I originally had my heart set on Sala Samui but they ended up being booked. Do you have any other suggestions of places that may have reasonable pool villas?

Alex

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rocky resort samui

we are staying in Rockys next week and really looking forward to it. Re Pool Villas the Samui Penninsula Resort & Spa have great pool villas, we also have this booked.

nj
Level Contributor
188 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rocky resort samui

Hi -

We stayed at Rocky's last week for 6 days. It's has beautiful suites, great foliage, two beautiful pools, a good breakfast buffet and video and board game rentals for the kids.

Negatives - look closely at the bill when leaving. We arranged for the package stay for 6 days and pay for 5 they advertise on their site- but the bill charged us for 6 days. It's a good thing that we kept a copy of the e-mail correspondence so we could prove the one day free arrangement.

Also, the restaurant is very expensive. It's a 5 to 10 minute walk towards Lamai to find other places to eat but they were 1/4 the price.

Also the beach is pretty but not really okay to swim in.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rocky resort samui

thanks for this warning and advice re the bill, any specific restaurant recommendations on Lamai beach itself? esp for seafood.

UK
Level Contributor
923 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rocky resort samui

We loved Rocky Resort! There is a restaurant about 5-10 mins down on the lefthand side. The sign is in Thai I think but there is an octopus on the sign. It is run by a lovely family with a young child, the nephews do the serving. The restaurant is about 6 tables on a verandah by the road. The food was AMAZING and we had a slap up meal for 6 for as much as it would cost for 1 at Rocky.

Rocky is great for a romantic meal but wd agree there are much cheaper places. There are also lots of beautiful restaurants in Samui that cost on a par with Rocky too so if you are happy to pay their prices, take a look around the island.

7. Re: Rocky resort samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 30, 2009