We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Next Dilema Bo Phut Resort & Spa or Sala Samui

London
Level Contributor
65 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Next Dilema Bo Phut Resort & Spa or Sala Samui

I have now got down to 2 hotels. Either the Bo Phut Resort & Spa or Sala Samui. We would be staying in a Deluxe room rather than a villa and want a place where you can walk to a variety of restaurants and bars but keeps the traditional thai feel. I am moving towards Sala Samui, however if they don't have a Deluxe then the cost is around £140 a night for the villa vs £90 for a Deluxe room at the Bo Phut Resort & Spa.

HELP as it's not long till I go and need to sort the accomodation out .... PANIC!

Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Next Dilema Bo Phut Resort & Spa or Sala Samui

Hey Baldie, I thought you had settled on Poppies?

We have chosen Sala Samui for our week in September.

To me the choice is clear as their website looks great and it's getting great reviews on here too.

It's just my scene really, quiet, private and stylish. Not to mention comfortable, how nice do those rooms look? Even the Deluxe would be great!

Better get to it, securing a room at Sala wasn't easy!

London
Level Contributor
65 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Next Dilema Bo Phut Resort & Spa or Sala Samui

Coastalguy,

You are right, I was going to Poppies and then thought for the same sort of price the Sala Samui is nicer and has some good local restaurants and a short taxi ride from Chaweng. The reason for now possibly considering BoPhut Resort and Spa is that the Fishermans Village is meant to be relatively unspolit and therefore more traditional and no girlie bars. So the plus is more restaurants and bars in walking distance, the minus seems to be a slightly lower quality of hotel, I think.

Thanks for your comments. 3 weeks and then I'll be traveling Cambodia and Thailand ... get in!!!

Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Next Dilema Bo Phut Resort & Spa or Sala Samui

I'd go for the better quality accomodation any day.

Besides Bophut seems quite close and so does Chaweng if you feel like it. The taxis will be cheap too and I believe that Sala have their own drivers so I am not concerned with getting around easily.

Enjoy your trip

London
Level Contributor
65 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Next Dilema Bo Phut Resort & Spa or Sala Samui

Cheers,

I have just heard back and have a booking at Sala Samui for 5 of the 11 nights in Ko Samui. It looks as though they can't get any availability for the start of Sept. So that may well have made my decision for me. i.e. half the time at Sala and half the time at BoPhut ... can't be bad either way.... I mean I'll be on holiday and not at my desk looking out at the rainy weather in England ... what joy!!

Cheers

Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Next Dilema Bo Phut Resort & Spa or Sala Samui

I too found it difficult to secure a booking for the 1st week September directly with the resort but no problem when I booked it through hoteltravel.com.

At least you get the opportunity to try two resorts and see for yourself and leave some reviews on here for us!

We are stopping there on the way back from Italy for a well earned rest. Bring it on!

New York
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Next Dilema Bo Phut Resort & Spa or Sala Samui

Please provide reviews when you retunr, I'm in the same dilemma.

Have a great trip.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
422 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Next Dilema Bo Phut Resort & Spa or Sala Samui

I take Bo Phut over Sala !!!

Beach front villa is very nice, pool villa also very function and cosy to stay. It's also very close to Bo Phut beach area which have lots of nice restaurants. Beach at Bo Phut also much nicer.