We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

last word on taxi from Airport

Sydney
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
last word on taxi from Airport

Just got back from our great holiday in Samui and will post a review in due course.

An immediate contribution I can make however is for taxi fares from the Airport - I was worried about this prior to the trip as I had read a number of posts talking about getting quoted high fares and having to negotiate (how do you do this if you have only just arrived and have no idea where you are going other than a hotel name, other than advice from trip advisor?)

I am not sure if it is new, but when you arrive there is a taxi counter which has all the destinations published and a fixed rate for the fare - for example Chaweng Noi is 500B which at 10pm at night was a relief as this was what I had expected to pay from the trip advisor advice I had received. No doubt if you are keen you could haggle but for the amount you save hardly worth it if you are tired and just want to get to your bed.

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: last word on taxi from Airport

Every time you come through the airport the system seems to change these days.Thanks for the update.

2. Re: last word on taxi from Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, October 03, 2009