We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

European cup matches

Sydney
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
European cup matches

Does anyone know if matches are being televised to Samui and if so would we see them on screens in local bars/pubs ?

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: European cup matches

Definitely yes. There are quite a few pubs/bars which show all matches.Try Tropical Murphy in Chaweng.

Sydney
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: European cup matches

Thanks Elina. I'm looking at game times and figure it will be 2am in Thailand when most matches kick-off. Won't these bars/pubs be closed at that time ?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: European cup matches

T. Murphys is good but not the cheapest place to watch. The games will be on everywhere, even in your room as they are on Channel 7 and 9 of the free Thai t.v. network. The 1.45am game may be a problem in the group stages though - the 11.00pm game will certainly be on in the bars.

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: European cup matches

The coverage on channel7 and 9 does however have Thai commentary.Usually it makes more sense to me than Andy Gray et al.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: European cup matches

Are you saying the Thai commentators actually know anything about fotball squosh? I have you marked down as a lady, as Tyler and Gray could explain the offside law to even the most confused of people. I guess you are saying that Thai t.v. says nothing to confuse you as you don't understand. Never mind!

Best,

Gas

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: European cup matches

Gas,

No I'm male.

I only used Andy Gray's name because at the time I couldn't recall the names of the really irritating bar stewards who talk non stop and say nowt.

Nobody these days could fully explain the offside rule with all those guys on the pitch "not interfering with play."

The Thai commentators could be good,bad or indifferent I can only make out the odd khrap.

Regards

Roy

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: European cup matches

Roy, They are bad, really bad.

8. Re: European cup matches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, September 30, 2009